Chapter Sixteen - Depression Days

A day had passed since Dan had kissed Alex, she found herself missing his company. But Hope and Sky surely took her mind off him... "HAHAHA!!!" Sky yelled trough the apartment and over the sound of the pouring rain, "I WIN!!!"

  Hope giggled as she pointed out the window saying, "Look!" then moving a board game piece to the right before Sky looked back, "Theres nothing there- HEY!!!!!" she yelled again noticing the moved piece.

  Hope and Alex laughed and smiled.

  "Would you three please go outside or something? I'm trying to focus!" her father said smiling.

  "If you haven't noticed, there is a tsunami outside." Hope said still partially giggling.

   Suddenly a wave of sadness fell over Alex. This game seemed boring all of a sudden. She felt like her heart was hollow. "I'll be right back." Alex announced and stood up from her comfortable sitting position and walked over to the coat hanger and grabbed her black hoodie, and slipping it over her head.

  Hope and Sky both looked over at her like she was crazy, "Okay... bye." they both said awkwardly and her father stared at her.

  She sighed as she looked away from them and walked out of the apartment and into the lift, pressing the number one. About a few seconds had passed before the lift sounded a ding dong and the doors opened. Alex walked straight up to Melissa who was looking at some papers (again) and leaned on the desk.

  "Can I have the key to the top floor?" she asked her kindly.

  Melissa laughed a little before looking at her face and she stopped dead, "You're serious?"

  "Please Lisa." Alex said staring at her in the eyes intensely, "I need to go up there."

  Melissa stared back at her before finally nodding, "Okay..." she finally sighed and handed her a small silver key, "Floor seventeen."

  "I know." Alex said smirking and walked into the lift again, letting the doors close behind her. She had attempted to go up there before but the door was locked.

  Pressing number seventeen, she sighed and let out a huge breath. When she was little, her mother had shown her a huge tree house in the large oak tree in the woods right behind where they lived. Somehow, she had grown attached to it and somehow she felt connected to it. And every time she needed to think, all she had to do was go to a high place and let her mind take over herself.

  That is exactly was she was doing now.

  The lift dinged and she walked out into the cold and empty room with a single door right in front of the lift's door. She quickly unlocked it and climbed the stairs to the darkened sky. She emerged into the cool and crisp air and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath in and letting it out.

  Finally she was in a place she could think. She opened her eyes and slowly looked around. The roof was very flat except for a few parts sticking up, which she guessed was the air conditioner and heater.  She could see all of London from here. All the people, cars, buses, taxis, buildings, and especially the London Eye. The huge ferris wheel lit up in the dark sky.

  Fog lay low in the sky as rain sprinkled down slowly and quietly now and as she walked closer to the edge she saw the huge puddles and the water rushing into the drains. Carefully and slowly she lowered herself down to be sitting on the edge, she swung her legs over the side.

  Breathing in and out she let her mind take over again.

Flashback

  "Come on mom lets go!!" Alex exclaimed as she pulled at her mothers hand gently. Her mom chuckled as she finally gave in. "Fine!" she said throwing her hands up in the air in defeat when Alex had let go of her hand.