Chapter Eleven - The First Day Of School

It's been two days since she saw Dan, Phil, or Joe. She hasn't left her room since then. She didn't eat one bite of food and she was starting school tomorrow. Her dad was very worried about her health and well-being. She even started giving up hope of life, she ether didn't talk to her dad, or just spoke in short sentences.

  She stared at herself in the mirorr. Wearing her normal Black ripped jeans, black shirt with a faded white skull on it, and her black vans. Looking depressed as always, great. Alex sighed as she let her long hair down and ran her brush through it, still wavy as fuck. She tucked her phone into her back pocket of her jeans, swung her backpack over her shoulder and stepped out of her room.

  She walked out to see her father sitting at the small granite table, he had his laptop flipped up and his fingers were typing away. He had a breakfast muffin next to him and papers spread all over the place. He looked up when he saw her and a smile spread across his face in happiness. He stood up and brushed some crumbs off his scruffy beard before wrapping her in a big warm bear hug. She hung her arms low for a second before wrapping her arms around him too.

  "I have to stay here and work, love, but I can drive you to school really quick." he said before pulling away from her and kissed her cheek his beard scratching her skin. She flinched back at the kiss first but suddenly relaxed.

  She shook her head no, "I'll walk." she whispered before saying, "I love you, Pa." then turning to the door and walking away. Right before she shut the door she heard her father whisper 'I love you' back to her.

  She walked into the lift and put her earplugs in listening to a random radio station on Pandora. It only took a minute for the lift to go down three stories. She stepped out of the lift almost running into Melissa, the secretary let out a short small scream before dropping her keys. Alex still had a straight face on, she stared at the keys falling to the floor. It felt like everything went in slow motion. Quickly and swiftly she reached out and caught the keys. Once she had them in her hand she just stared at them. She wasn't expecting that to happen.

  Melissa gasped, dramatic as always she put her hand to her chest. She was breathing heavily. "Oh my goodness gracious!" she exclaimed staring at her keys, "You gave me a heart attack Alex! How did you catch those?"

  Alex almost smiled at Melissa. Almost. She was very nice to her and she always was very dramatic over everything. "Sorry." she muttered handing back her keys to Melissa before taking her plug out of her ear leaving one in.

"Thank you. Where are you going in such a hurry?" Melissa asked while taking her car keys from her.

  Alex stepped out of the lift more so it could close. "School." she answered simply before walking towards the door, forgetting to be nice.

"I've never seen any teenager be so excited for school!" Melissa called after her.

"I'm not." Alex answered turning her head slightly towards her and smirking. She then walked out of the apartment door's new sliding doors and onto the streets not saying goodbye to her. Alex was walking for about ten minutes a car honked loudly behind. She whipped her head around to see Joe leaning over a taxi driver with his hand on the drivers wheel, he was the one who honked.

  She smiled brightly at him. She turned around and jumped next to Joe in the taxi setting her backpack in front of her and taking her earplug from her ear. "Hey Joe." she said still smiling.

  Joe had a half concerned half happy face on. "Hey Lex!" he exclaimed, "How are you holding up?" he asked.

  She sighed and shook her head, "Fine I guess." she lied to him. She hated lying to him.