Lysander and Lorean

Chapter 3

I could see the Ravenclaws cheering, the Hufflepuffs clapping, and the Gryffindors: Astonished. How on earth could the daughter of the two most Gryffindor families you could ever find be placed in Ravenclaw?

I felt sick.. I walked and sat at the Ravenclaw table where a second year with pale blonde hair comforted me with her sweet voice that sounded just like my Aunt Luna, also my namesake.

I'd only met Aunt Luna a handful of times, but never any of her children. Albus told me that they were all Ravenclaws and that he had never really gotten a chance to meet any of them.

I was comforted a little by her warmth and tenderness, but oh how I longed to be sitting next to my brothers and Natalie at the Gryffindor table. What will mother and father think?

Their daughter, Lily Potter, A Ravenclaw! The thought was too much to contain.

When the sorting was over, the feast started but I didn't feel much like eating. I listened to the witty conversations between the Ravenclaws and wondered why the hat might have placed me in Ravenclaw; I have always been quite smart but never enough, I didnt think, to be a Ravenclaw.

After the feast I followed Lysander, Aunt Luna's son, who by his height and authority I assumed was a prefect. We travelled quite some distance until we reached a portrait that asked Lysander a witty question. I was much too overwhelmed to hear the question or the answer.

Lysander welcomed us first years to the Ravenclaw common room and gestured to the left side staircase telling us it lead to the boys' dormitories whereas the right staircase lead to the girls

. I decided to sit near the fire in a cozy blue velvet chair, after a few minutes, given the chance to collect my thoughts, I got up to go to the girls dormitory, but as I turned around I saw the blonde girl lounging on a large couch and knitting a beautiful silver scarf.

She smiled at me and I went and sat next to her. "You know, better Ravenclaw then Slytherin," she said with that soft beautiful voice, I love dearly.

"I suppose," I said, "It's just I was expecting Gryffindor. And I don't even see the qualities I have as a Ravenclaw. Perhaps I'll find them, but I'm so unsure and what will my parents think?"

"They'll be proud of you. And you know it. Don't worry, Lily, I'm sure that they will be thrilled! It's unexpected, I agree, but if you were placed in Ravenclaw, you are a Ravenclaw. You'll see soon enough, and it will all be much better in the morning. You'll see. Now, go on up to bed."

That was all l needed to hear, and I walked towards the right side staircase. I turned back and gave her a big grin, along with a "Thank you!"

She replied with, "You are welcome! By the way, my name is Lorean."

I walked up the stairs and found four first year Ravenclaws fast asleep in our room. I changed into my pajamas and climbed into my divine bed lined with a peacock blue colored curtain. It didn't take but a minute for me to fall asleep, and it was all thanks to the sweet assurance from Lorean.

Author's Note: Thank you to my bud R.j. for pointing out another one of my fails, I had out "five first year ravenclaws" when there should've only been four. Thank you, R.j. ! I fixed it :)