the only words coursing through taehyung's mind is yikes.

he is not here with Jeongguk at the theme park. he does not think Jeongguk looks adorable in that fake minnie mouse headband. and he definitely is not blushing so badly because they're holding hands and because Jeongguk is smiling at him really, really sweetly like some cute marshmallow—just no.

"let's go on the carousel," and Jeongguk is glowing right now, trench coat over a light knitted sweater with his signature ripped jeans. "let's go, hyung."

and for some reason, Taehyung feels really weak under jeongguk's voice, his touch, his everything.

"fine." Taehyung gives up. "as long as you bring me to the washroom if i throw up and call me cute."

they end up going on the carousel.

Taehyung doesn't stay on one of the horses—he stays in the teacup that doesn't move. Jeongguk doesn't go on one of the horses either, even if he was clearly gazing at big, jet black stallion with a white and gold seat—with gold pedals. his eyes were glazed when he was looking at it. Taehyung swore he would fucking fight that goddamn horse.

but that doesn't really matter now because Jeongguk is sitting opposite of him in this small teacup, looking like the most happiest and gorgeous boy alive. Taehyung doesn't know if he'll really, really start to like Jeongguk after all the shit he's done, but it's a start.

the only thing he sees now is Jeongguk's soft skin illuminated by the bright lights of this spinning carousel. the pale blues hit his dark brown hair and he's just smiling so widely right now Taehyung wonders just how he's keeping a poker face right now.

Jeongguk just looks so happy.

it makes Taehyung wonder how he never even thought about him before.

"hey, hyung," says Jeongguk, voice muffled by the loud noises of the carneval music, "you okay? sorry if you didn't want to go on. i just thought you'd be happy if we came here."

fuck.

"no, it's okay." Taehyung says. "it's fun. thanks, Jeongguk."

the way Jeongguk brightens up at that melts taehyung's heart.

"really?" says Jeongguk eagerly.

"really." Taehyung replies.

it takes Jeongguk a second to reply, looking at his knees.

he ends up not replying.

and Taehyung realizes he probably looks like an idiot. he's dressed like an idiot. sunglasses perched on the back of his neck, mask hanging from his chin, blue patterned dress shirt under a black blazer with light-wash blue cuffed jeans.

the ride is over, and they get off the carousel.

Jeongguk is still holding taehyung's hands, and Taehyung's his.

it's kind of awkward—just like this. it hasn't been long since they started dating. they're a fresh new couple. taehyung's feelings towards Hoseok had delayed these other flowering feelings for Jeongguk, and he basically trapped himself (or dug himself) in his own hole. thinking about it is embarrassing—because just a few days ago he'd slammed his door right in jeongguk's face and told him to fuck off.

just a few days ago, Jeongguk probably felt like shit.

and just a few days ago—Taehyung started to wonder, what if? what if he was in love with Jeongguk—but he never knew it? Hoseok is like the straightest person Taehyung has ever known and for the love of god, jung Hoseok jokes around a lot. he probably wouldn't mind being with a guy. it's just that Taehyung wonders what if jung Hoseok isn't just for him? what if they weren't meant to be? what if they aren't meant to be?