I walked towards the growing crowd to understand what was going on. "What is all the rush about?" I asked Lindsay who looked absolutely angry.

"They won't let us in! How dare they not let me in?"

"Just wait here, I'll see what's going on." I said to her and walked pass Keisha and her into the back alley.

The woman who owned this shop seemed to be an old woman. "Ms. are you free for a minute?" I asked politely.

"For a sweet young girl like yourself I am. What is the matter dear?"

"Why aren't you letting the royals shop from your store? You let them do it last time then why not now?"

"Oh boy." She took a deep breath. "I don't know where to start, first the Royals drive out the Mason heir who should be ruling and then replace her with that?! I don't care if they will take my head for not letting them shop God forbid." She rolled her eyes.

David was right, I hadn't seen the division in our people because back then I knew nothing and I was to sit on the throne, now that I have a clearer vision I can see how it was a half and half situation. This is why I was put in the council and kept beside the Royals. I was very important to them.

With this new found importance, which I knew would not last very long due to my impending doom, I thought might as well pave a way for David and to leave this world without it falling to pieces over my death.

"I am Elizabeth Mason." I said to her to her surprise. She squinted as if to see me better and gasped.

"Of course my lady! I am so sorry for not recognizing you before!"

I smiled and said "It's quite alright." I continued "Regarding what you said, they have not driven me out, I am still very close to the Royals and I have been put in the Privy Council which you are not supposed to know until the official announcement. So, although I am touched by your concern, do not worry about me, I still have a very active role in ruling in important matters of the state. As far as Keisha goes, David is free to choose whoever he wants as his life partner, it was a mutual decision to end the engagement and I am grateful for what the Royals have done to protect me and my family." I reiterated what was the official statement printed in the news.

By the time I was finished I had not realized that a crowd had formed around me and there seemed to be cameras around as well. To my surprise they all started to cheer for me.

I smiled "I am humbled by everyone's support. I would greatly appreciate if you would let us in now."

"Of course my dear." She said with a bright smile.

When we all went inside, surprisingly Keisha hugged me with tears in her eyes "thank you for all your support. You don't know how hard it has been for me with all this public hatred towards me.."

I hugged her back and thought 'you don't know how hard it is supporting the woman the love of my life is marrying..'

"I'm sorry, I'm just a little sensitive these days.." she pulled back.

After our little moment I thought she didn't get what she deserved. She didn't deserve all this hatred from the people she was going to rule because of me, nor did she deserve the hatred she got from my batch mates again only because I didn't like her. It doesn't seem too hard to understand why all those years she tried to compete with me, because, no matter what she did, she couldn't beat me, she couldn't get the love she wanted. No wonder she hated me and did whatever she did. I drove her to that level. How could I have been so insensitive to her?

It seemed like a punch to the gut when I thought maybe this was my punishment; loosing David.

I couldn't blame her for what transpired between me and David, it was not her fault.

I helped them, to the best of my ability, in finding the perfect dress for them and their soul mates with a smile on my face.

Despite the exhaustion, despite the pain, I smiled through it all and pretended to be the happiest person on this planet.

My phone beeped its reminder that tonight was the 'introducing-me-to-the-world-as-a-member-of-the-council' party.

I looked around in the sections which contained formal wear hoping to find something to wear for it tonight while the brides were busy trying on their clothes.

I saw a really gorgeous royal blue dress that would look amazing on me. I picked it up and instantly fell in love with how beautiful its fabric was or how soft it was. I loved how well the embellishments on the torso were done.

"You have wonderful taste in dresses I must say." A mysterious voice said startling me. "But sadly not that good a choice in the company you keep."

I turned around just in time to see the shadow disappearing from the corner... was this the shadow that had been following me around?

"Is everything alright?" said Keisha coming out from the try rooms. "You look a little pale" but everything had become background noise.

Had he found me? Did anyone else see him?

I couldn't find my voice to ask if anyone had seen that shadow. "Did you... did you hear that?" I whispered, my throat feeling too dry as everything started spinning.

Before I knew it I welcomed the darkness that followed as I fell with that very soft dress in my hand..

Love Z

If you haven't done it then like my facebook page, the link is on my profile!

6