chapter 19

Chapter 19 -
"Ok Sakura, you and your team have a mission. Nothing too hard. Just an assasination."

"Yep. Ok, so who you want me kill." Sakura chuckled.

"Orochimaru, and his subordinate Kabuto."

"Okay... So can Itachi come? I think you've punished him enough..." Sakura asked giving her best pout.

"Yes, but if you're both going you may as well storm some of Orochimaru's hide-outs too."

"Right. By the way, I saw Shizune hiding your sake in the supply closet."

Tsunade looked up excitedly.

"But you didn't hear it from me." Sakura smiled, petal-ing away.

"Hey, Genma, mission." Sakura yelled, throwing him a scroll across the street as he exited the pub.

"Thanks Saku-chan." He called, heading home to pack.

She also saw Kurenai and Asuma coming out of a cafe, and passed them each one as she ran off.

"Gates, 20 minutes!" She called behind her.

"Hai!" They both answered.

Sakura found both her favorite taijutsu experts at the training grounds.

"Gai! You're busy for the next week!" Sakura hollored, chucking him a scroll.

"And Lee." Sakura turned to the boy. "You can come too." She said, accepting the hug she'd predicted graciously.

Lee was chuunin at the moment, but he was, in Sakura's honest opinion, he was jounin level.

"Be at the gates in 20. Oh, and Lee, come with me. You're going to need a mask and uniform for this."

The two headed toward the ANBU headquarters, taking a detour past Sakura's apartment for her stuff and to inform Itachi of the mission.

They, being Sakura and Lee, reached the headquarters and got a spare mask and uniform out of the trainee office.

As they walked out, Sakura waved and smiled, greeting friends and teammates.

"Sakura-chan! You got mail!" Ibiki said, leaning around his door.

"Thanks!" She ran up and took it.

Lee peered over her shoulder.

"One from Naruto and one from Gaara-kun..." Sakura murmered, cutting them both open.

Letter from Naruto:

Hey Sakura-chan.

The mission shouldn't last much longer.

I hope it doesnt, I miss you tons and so does everyone else.

Kakashi keeps bringing you up and Sasuke used a full sentence to say he wondered how you were.

I don't wonder, I know you're probly doing awesome!

Much love, -Naruto xoxoxo

"Oh, how sweet, so that means they'll be back soon." Sakura smiled.

"They sure have missed alot in like... 6 months?" Lee grinned.

Gaara-kun's letter:

To the lovely Sakura,

Suna was never able to officially thank you for all of you help.

I am esspecially grateful.

Please come and stay again, Temari says you are welcome at her place anytime.

Good luck with any up coming missions and say hi to Inner for me.

Missing you endlessly -

Your honoured friend, and (proud face) Kazekage,

Gaara

"Aww, isn't he just the most gorgeous little thing." Sakura wiped an invisible tear from her eye.

"Yeah... He sure is..." Lee said uncertainly.

Sakura looked at him and laughed. "Come on, we can't be late.