chapter 13

Chapter 13 -
"Well it's an interesting philosophy actually... but you wouldn't get it." Sakura smiled at Naruto.

Her real smile.

"You know Sakura, ever since Itachi came back you've been a whole lot more like you." Naruto grinned.

"T-thanks... Naruto-kun. I think you're right.

Sakura toddled home.

Each step a little more challenging than the last.

She was half way there, beginning to wonder if she'd make it when he appeared, leaning against a tree infront of her.

"Sakura. Can I walk you home?" He asked smoothly.

"Couldn't stay away?" She laughed.

He smirked and wrapped an arm around her waist.

"You figured me out. I'm getting soft. Am I that readable?" He looked down at her porceline face.

"No, just to me." She let her head comfort into his chest and continued to walk. "Itachi-kun, why did you really make me wear this?"

"You really don't trust me do you?" He teased her.

"Was it to show me off... Or for your own enjoyment-"

"No. The real reason, that you are dressed that way."

"Yes."

"Is because... When you transform, your Inner is just you, but she is the you that you want to be. She's the real Sakura. And the way she appears, is the way you wish to appear. I just thought, that this was a step closer to the freedome the real you wants." He held her infront of him.

Then, he brought her forward and had her fitted tightly to his chest.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"Come on. I really ought to get you in bed."

Sakura stopped and turned to him.

"That's not what I meant."

"Oh? And what did you mean.?" Sakura smirked at him.

'Yeah... I wish he had meant that... he's so sexy in the dark, the way the street lights hit his fac-'

'Inner! Try not to get too... high.'

Itachi chuckled.

'Inner Sakura's probably having a field day.' He thought.

He pulled Sakura into him again.

"I meant you need your sleep, 'cause you'll be running 100 laps of Konoha in the morning."

Hearing this, Sakura snapped up. "Huh. what!?"

Before she could get a response, she had been hoisted into bridal style and orbed away to her apartment.

"Shh." Itachi cooed "Sleep now."

He lay her beneath the covers and lay down himself.

So enthralled by each other, neither had noticed the badlly hidden ninja, spying on them.

"I will not lose to you.