chapter 10

Chapter 10 -
'Smile.' Inner growled through gritted teeth.

Sakura tried to mold a grin onto her face.

It proved to be a touch on the dificult side as a result of her skimpy outfit.

'I'm trying but I don't exactly want to look like I'm enjoying this.'

'So you are?'

'No!'

"Ohayou Sakura-CHA-." Naruto slurred out, taking in the sight before him.

"Naruto, please don't look at me like that."

"W-what huh, no."

'please don't look at me like that... What was Sakura on about?' Sasuke thought looking up.

"Sasuke, please don't look at me like that." Sakura sighed.

"I wouldn't but..." Sasuke had momentarily lost the ability to form proper sentences.

He lifted and lowered his head matching his glance.

"Please just don't say anything." She said.

"Why not? I think you look lovely." He said sitting up on the railing also.

"I don't know Sakura-chan, it's doesn't really seem like you..." Naruto said slowly, still scanning her.

"Did Itachi like it?" Sasuke asked snidely.

"I'm going to find Kakashi, he's going to love this." Naruto said running off.

Sakura ignored him.

"Yes Sasuke, actually, he's the one who bought it and has forced me to wear it. You don't honestly think I'd wear this fashion atrocity by my own free will?" She asked sunken.

"I suppose not. But I think it'l be good."

"And why is that?" Sakura looked skeptic.

"Flexiable... And if we ever need you to pose as an um... 'that" He pointed at her... "and spy, it'l come in handy."

"That's exactly what he said." Sakura muttered.

"So, he's got you running around town in underwear, what do you wear at home?" He smirked... though on the inside he was clawing at the very thought of his brother even touching Sakura.

"Well, Sasuke, as a matter of fa- Ahhh!" Sakura screamed falling into the river.

Naruto and Kakashi had poofed infront of her and given her such a shock as to fall off the rail.

With the weights on, Sakura couldn't swim and was just sinking to the riverbed and flowing downstream at the same time.

"Help!" She screamed just before she'd gone under.

'She can't swim' Kakashi thought.

Naruto was so paniced that he didn't know what to do.

Sasuke dived in and searched as best he could for her.

He had to save her, he couldn't let it be his fault she was dead.

He was running out of oxygen, but refused to float up.

He needed to find her now.

He began to feel dizzy, losing himself the the breathlessness.

Unable to keep from floating up any longer he burst over the river bank.

And there lying on the grass before him was Sakura.

In the arms of his brother, whose hair and clothes were soaked.

Water dripped from his body to the lifeless one beneath it.

Time seemed to stop as he saw her.

'She can't die, I-I like her and I love her and-'

His blood ran cold as Itachi closed his mouth over Sakuras'.

He reclined and pressed gently on the valley of her chest and spoke words of encouragement to her.

She coughed and water spilled from her mouth.

Sasuke lay, clinging to the riverbank, staring in silence as Sakura lunged forward and hugged his brother.

'I hate you Itachi, more now than ever before.