chapter 12

Chapter 12 -
"O-k... lets start with some healthy laps of Konoha. All three of you will do 10." Kakashi said.

He looked at Sakura.

"But first Sakura, you should get changed, those bandages have gone see-through."

"I cant." She said regretfully. "This was Itachi's idea. I'd transform but he put a seal on Inner anyway."

"Yes, we'll be talking about that later. I'm still not sure what exactly that is... Now off you go." Kakashi sat next to a tree to read.

The three started out.

Sakura, dispite pushing chakra into her feet was still unable to keep up.

"Sakura, come on, you're falling behind." Naruto looked worried.

It was miraculous that she'd been strong enough to walk unhindered.

"I c-can't" She mumbled defeated.

What she was doing was less of a jog, more of a strange limp.

"Sakura." She looked up at Sasuke. "First you can't swim and now you can't run?" He looked skeptic.

She ignored him and kept on, trying to maintain a level face through the agony in her legs.

The boys had long finished their laps when Sakura crawled past them on her final leg.

"I did it!" She sounded excited.

"Sakura, you really pushed yourself too hard this time." Kakashi was concerned.

Pushing a morsel of chakra to her muscles, she stood agains a tree and smirked.

"You're wrong. I'm getting stronger." She laughed.

"Well, whatever keeps you happy." He smirked.

Sasuke was beside himself. "Sakura, why are you so pleased with that. You'll probably need to be carried home."

"I don't think so. Not that any of you could carry me home." She replied smugly.

"And why's that? Itachi?" He scoffed.

"No, I just mean, you guys wouldn't be strong enough."

And before any of them could argue that they were strong and that she wasn't that fat, she had started walking towards a tree.

She measure aproxiametly 30cm on the trunk and started jumping.

"She isn't doing what i think she is... is she?" Naruto asked a stupered Sasuke.

"She's practicing jumping." Kakashi concluded. "I guess she's covering the basics... though even that's a little too basic."

Naruto sauntered over to her and sat down.

"Sakura-chan, why are you practicing jumping?" He asked naively.

"Someone finally asked. I was waiting for someone to find it strange that i couldn't swim, run nor jump." She laughed.

"So there's a reason?" He asked.

"Yes dummy. But you can't tell Sasuke and Kakashi. If they're to arrogant to figure it out then screw them."

"oh... so why?"

"Well, I'm wearing weights."

"I see. That's why we wouldn't be able to carry you."

"Aha." She kept jumping.

"So, how much do they weigh, are they the things on you're wrists and ankles?"

"Yes, 80 kilos... on each of my wrists." She paused for dramatic effect while Naruto's heads rocked a little.

"I'm not sure I believe you... And your ankles?"

"100k each. You can check if you like."

Naruto reached over and held Sakura's hand.

"You ready?" She asked.

"Yep." He steadied his arm.

Sakura released the strain of the weights and her arm plummeted as Naruto attempted to hold it with both hands.

"I believe you. Please help me." He choked.

"Ok." Sakura giggled.

"Why can't we tell the others?" He asked innocently.

"Because, they think I'm weak and you were the only one who seemed to think there had to be a problem."

"But Sakura, they don't think that. They just... ok maybe they do a little bit."

"Yeah, anyway, Itachi said that my goal today was to jump 30cm into the air. But it's really hard."

"I imagine, how can you be standing... let a lone jumping?