32- The balance of three

Start from the beginning

I sighed, pinching my nose. "Well thanks for the story but none of that helps me in any way. I still hate you and have my own shithole of a life to get back to so if you don't mind, I want to get out of here and call my brother."

N sighed again but lead the way from the cave, I flicked the torch on before following him, not being able to leave fast enough.

Once out, I stuck my hand out to N, waiting for the promised phone. He handed it to me without a word.

I quickly punched in Sulver's number before impatiently holding the blocky yellow phone to my ear. It didn't even ring once before a staticky voice filled my ear.

"I'm Sorry but the number you have dialled is out of range, please make sure you have the correct number or try again later."

I frowned, checking that I'd gotten the number right on my still signaless X-transceiver before calling again, I was met with the same emotionless voice that seemed to drag out each syllable seconds to long.

I bit down on my lip, checking for Red's number before I called him.

"I'm Sorry but the number you have dialled is out of range, please make sure you have the correct number or try again later."

I pulled the phone away, frowning in disapproval.

"Something wrong?" N questioned.

Night looked up at me, her blue eyes filled with question and concerns.

"They're not answering." I mumbled. "Where's the closest town from here?"

"That would be Cyllage City." N answered. "That way." He jerked his thumb over his shoulder.

I sighed in anger and worry, throwing him the phone. "Well I'm getting out of here. See you never again hopefully."

"Good luck in your travels."

"Luck? Ha, that's a laugh. With any luck Team Rift will disappear and I can finish this journey in peace."

"I don't think that will happen but once this is done we can all go back to our lives and live happily ever after."

I bit down on my tongue irritably, trying to refrain from punching N's face in as he yapped on further about Team Rift and connections between Three Voice and such

"You seem stressed, what's upsetting you?" N questioned, noticing the almost visible steam pouring from my ears. "I thought you were one to not let your emotions get to you. Everything I put you through didn't seem to break you in the slightest."

"Don't you get it? I can't have a happy ending. It is impossible for me. Where one organisation fails, another will take its place. I'm like this because of all this shit I've faced, every time I try and defend myself, every time I'm kidnapped, every time I'm alone, I'm used, abused and put through the most inhuman experimented possible I break! I haven't broken yet because I already am! I'm human, and I can get hurt just as much as any person but I ignore it because I see that there is no way I will ever get to live happily! I just suck it up and try to protect the little I still have! For all I know, Silver, the only family I have left who still gives a damn if I'm okay, is dead right now. The last time I saw him was right before I was kidnapped by Team Galactic. Cyrus doesn't need him, he needs me. What would stop him from killing him or Red to stop them coming after me! Okay, yes I'm stressed, yes I'm upset! I am mentally falling apart because other then my friends and Pokémon are all I have and I would never be able to forgive myself if anything happened to any of them!" My hands formed into fists, my nails piercing my flesh as I bit back my tears. "You don't go through the things I've faced without breaking, without falling apart. I need Silver, I need Red, I need my Pokémon because otherwise, I don't have anything." I pushed pass him, towards Cyllage City without another word.