“No!” I promptly responded.

“Fine then,” she said adamantly, “I will.” Before I could stop her she was already headed in their direction. “Get some!” she shouted before running away. The two of them sprang apart, blushing furiously.

“I’m going to kill you Kayla!” Poppy shouted at Mickayla’s retreating figure.

Once she was out of sight, I jumped a mile in the air when Mickayla’s voice asked, “how’d I do?” from behind me.

“Holy shit Mickayla! Where the hell did you come from?” I asked as I waited for my racing heart beat to slow down.

“I made a loop,” she responded nonchalantly. I started to ask how but she cut me off with, “come on, we have five minutes.”

“Or you could just apparate to class,” I mumbled, not intending for her to hear.

“Don’t be silly Chas, I’m not a witch. Though if I were I could go to Hogwarts and marry Seamus Finnigan…” she trailed off as she went into another daydream.

“Mickayla?” I asked. “Are you in there?” I waved my hand in front of her face. She shook her head as she snapped out of it.

The first thing she said was, “those would be some pretty explosive babies.”

“Really Kayla? Really?” I asked.

“It’s not like I can help them!” she protested. “They come when they come. Now let’s go, before we’re late.” Luckily we had first period together, which also happened to be gym, one of my better classes.

“Duck!” I shouted at Mickayla as the volleyball came, straight at her head. She looked up from picking at her nails just in time to hit it back over the net. “How the hell did you do that?” I asked astonished.

“I’m good at these kinds of things,” she shrugged.

“But that was like two inches away from you, it’s not humanly possible!” I argued.

She rolled her eyes, looked at me, and said, “it’s called practicing, you might want to try it.” The next serve that came our way, was aimed straight for me. I didn’t have Mickayla’s reflexes, and the next thing I knew, I was in the nurse’s office with an earsplitting headache.

“Wha-what happened?” I asked, coming out of my daze. The blurred edges of the room, sharpened and I took in my surroundings.

“Well,” the graying nurse started, “you hit your head pretty hard on that gym floor and passed out.”

“That’s…nice,” I said as I reached into my head for any recollection of what happened. I couldn’t remember anything after we started gym class, which frightened me just a bit. Did I really hit my head that hard? It was humanly possible, was it?

“You should be well enough to go to your next class,” the nurse said as she stood up and walked to her desk.

“Which would be?” I asked.

“Fourth,” she responded curtly. “What class do you have?” I blinked as the realization hit me that I had missed two classes, math and chem.

“Uh, lunch,” I muttered.

“Well in that case, you don’t need a pass, just head on over to your lunchroom. Also, take this icepack,” she said, handing a bag of ice, “and keep that on your head. If you start to feel dizzy, come back here.” I nodded my head and swung my legs to the edge of the nurse’s cot. My feet hit my backpack and I slowly stood up, grabbing it as I went. I held the bag of ice to the back of my head, and walked to the cafeteria in search of Mickayla, Poppy, Nate, Chase, and the rest of our friends. It didn’t take long before I saw them at our usual table. Well, almost all of them, Nate and Poppy were probably sucking face in the janitor’s closet.