Twenty-Two

Five boys and Sofia raced across the yard, huddling around the table. Camila smiled, watching as the boys made her little sister giggle. This was her new family.

Y/N tilted her head to one side, raising an eyebrow at the sudden announcement. Camila met her gaze, biting the inside of her cheek.

"The first time I did this, it didn't go so well..." Camila laughed nervously, she pulled out the wooden box for everyone to see. Her parents gasped and Y/N's breath hitched as she studied the object. It'd been years but she recognized the gems on the ring forming a rose - the one symbol that meant so much to Camila.

The brunette sunk to one knee, "You were my first love and my heart continues to burn with the same passion for you since the day we met. You helped rebuild me and made me feel like a priority. I can't even put it into words, how thankful and how in love I will always be with you,"

Although their relationship had been rocky, Camila never felt unloved. Y/N's heart never failed to reveal the adoration she had for her. Through the midnight conversations, lyrics, and song dedications - Y/N helped Camila find her value again. She'd found her place in the world, one that included spending the rest of her life with Y/N.

"Will you marry me?" Camila exhaled, her eyes teeming with hope. Y/N froze in awe, had it not been for a nudge from Liam, she'd be staring at Camila for an eternity.

Breathless, she managed to form words, "I love you,"

Camila's eyebrows knitted together upon waiting for an answer. Relief flooded her body as Y/N lifted her hand out, "Yes, I-I'll marry you,"

Camila's hand trembled as she slid the ring on Y/N's finger. Her fiancee lifted her up, pulling her in for a bone-crushing hug. Their family erupted into cheers and Niall sprinted into the house, coming back with his guitar in hand.

Y/N broke away once she heard the familiar melody. She'd written the song toward the end of her and Camila's relationship the first time around,

I got a heart

And I got a soul

Believe me, I will use them both

We made a start

Be it a false one, I know

Baby, I don't want to feel alone

Harry started the song and signaled Y/N to begin her part. She shook her head but Louis urged her to sing, placing a hand on her shoulder.

So kiss me where I lay down

My hands pressed to your cheeks

A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were 18

Long before we both thought the same thing

To be loved and to be in love

All I could do is say that these arms were made for holding you

I wanna love like you made me feel when we were 18

Y/N's face flushed red as she finished her part and Camila pulled her close, turning her attention to Niall who began to serenade Sofia.

We took a chonce

God knows we tried

Yet all along, I knew we'd be fine

Niall spun Sofi around and Camila laughed at his mispronunciation. Now it was Liam's turn to swoop in and sing to the smaller girl.

So pour me a drink, oh, love,

Let's split the night wide open and we'll see everything

We can livin' love in slow motion, motion, motion

Zayn took a turn to serenade Sofia but Louis butted in to try and steal her away. Luckily, Harry came to her rescue.

So kiss me where I lay down

My hands pressed to your cheeks

A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were 18

Long before we both thought the same thing

To be loved and to be in love

And all I could do is say that these arms were made for holding you, oh

And I wanna love like you made me feel when we were 18

When we were 18

Oh, Lord, when we were 18

Kiss me where I lay down

My hands pressed to your cheeks

A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were 18

Long before we both thought the same thing

To be loved and to be in love

And all I could do is say that these arms were made for holding you

I wanna love like you made me feel when we were 18

------

As the night came to a close, Camila's family headed back into the city. The five boys sprawled around the living room, while Camila and Y/N spent time in their bedroom.

"I want a proper wedding. The one you always wanted, the one you showed me before our first kiss," Y/N hopped up and down on the bed, Camila rolled over to grab a tattered notebook. She flipped through the messy scribbles, turning to the page of her drawing.

Y/N's hopping came to a halt, she scrambled beside Camila to get a view of the wedding plan.

"I think I manifested this," Camila's thumb traced over the crinkled page.

"You definitely did," Y/N swung an arm around her future wife's shoulder. Camila continued to flip through the book, stopping at a couple of scratched lyrics -

How did we let it all get this far?

I don't even know who you are

Y/N cleared her throat, from the date on the page and the lyrics themselves, she knew the song had been about her.

"Sorry for making you feel that way," Y/N apologized. Hurting Camila had never been her intention but she did, and they'd gotten lost in their time apart.

"It felt like I lost you, all I had were these memories of us," The notebook lay heavy in Camila's hands, Y/N reached over to place it down.

"There's no way we're getting lost again," She guided Camila's hand to the compass over her sternum, "You found me,"