Chapter Seventeen

Together, Camila and Y/N contacted a lawyer by the name of Casey Novak. Divorce papers were sent to Lauren's residence but a month passed by without any response. Lauren refused to sign anything sent her way, keeping Camila in a tight situation.

Lauren couldn't be forced to sign without a valid reason and Camila avoided her at any cost. She'd taken shelter in Y/N's home, confiding in her and the five boys sharing the roof.

"Good afternoon." Casey seated herself across the table from Y/N and her brothers. They waited patiently for Camila to arrive downstairs. Casey took the time to shuffle through her papers, laying them out against the table.

A creak from the stairs made Y/N's head focus on the brunette at the top of the steps. Camila had been wearing her clothes throughout the month, yet Y/N couldn't help but smile at the loosely fitted shirt. Sighing, Camila made her way to the table, fitting herself between Louis and Y/N.

"I'm sorry to say our efforts have been futile," Casey tapped her pen against the tabletop. A thought crossed her mind and she leaned forward to reveal it, "Did you ever take pictures of the bruises Lauren caused?"

"No," Camila's voice came out as a whisper. She'd spent all of her time covering Lauren's tracks, she'd never thought she'd be filing a case against her wife.

"We have no evidence." Harry huffed, brushing his hair back with his hand. Lauren had money and her wealth lead to power, without evidence, Camila's case would be thrown aside.

"Camila, do you have keys to the property?"

"Yes." Camila kept her replies short.

"I hate to ask this...but," Casey's gaze softened. She cleared her throat to continue, "Camila, would you be willing to participate in a set up against Lauren Jauregui?"

"Entrapment?" Zayn questioned. A clatter of heavy boots entered the house, Y/N glanced back to see a female detective standing beside Casey.

"Call it whatever you want."

Y/N squinted, reading the tag on the detective's uniform.

Olivia Benson

"You will be under surveillance and my team will intervene if necessary." Olivia continued her explanation, placing a comforting hand on Camila's shoulder. With reassurance given to her, Camila firmly spoke up.

"I'll do it."

At her approval, the detectives wasted no time setting up. Niall, Zayn, and Liam offered up any information they had to assist the case. Louis and Harry, however, were adamant about ending the set up as soon as possible.

"No fucking way." Harry shook his head.

Louis pulled his sister aside, "You can't let her do this, Y/N."

Y/N observed Camila. The girl was chewing on her bottom lip, staring off into the distance. If Y/N was filled with anxiety, she could only imagine how distraught Camila was.

"Mila, are you sure about this?" Y/N stepped into Camila's line of vision. The brown-eyed girl blinked rapidly, allowing her eyes to focus themselves on Y/N. She inhaled softly, smelling the comforting scent of lavender and she gazed into Y/N's eyes.

"I'm doing this." Camila nodded sternly, exhaling a shaky breath. She needed to participate in the case, she needed to get away from Lauren. This was the only way to surely get away from Lauren, the next step toward her freedom.

"Everyone is in position."

Chatter on the radio interrupted the conversation. Casey turned around from the monitors, going over to hook up a body cam on Camila. She handed Camila an earpiece, which the brunette hid in her ear canal.

This Isn't Love ➳ Camila/Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें