Chapter XXVI

[unedited]

If the infamous time machine exists and you have to choose what time you want to go back to, Niall Horan would definitely choose that one specific day, where he had done the biggest mistake of his life.

People can really make moves and decisions sometimes, without even thinking about it that much. Because of that, when the damage has been done, they always regret it.

Some people blame it to another person, some won't even do anything about it all, but some people who are wise enough at least try and make some remedy for it to make everything go back to normal.

Unfortunately, Niall isn't one of them.

He completely blames himself for it, and even curses himself for doing the stupidest mistake in his life. The moment he had said those words, he knew that he will regret it. And even though he knew, he didn't do anything to stop it, which only makes him curse himself even more.

Deep inside, he knows that he loves him with all of his heart, and he promised to himself that he will never break his heart.

But look at just what he did.

After that night - which only happened a week ago - everything changed.

Louis, Liam, and Zayn's banters are still happening, but it isn't the same anymore.

No one is being called out for being too sweet and clingy with each other.

No one giggles like a school girl anymore when someone says something cute to the other one.

No one exchanges I love you's and sneaky kisses. 

No one is that happy anymore.

Niall knows that he loves him - he still does - but it's useless. A lot of things changed in the span of one week, and he knows it is all his fault. He wants to talk to him, but him being a coward at the times that he needs to be brave, he still hasn't said a word to him after that night.

He misses him so bad, and just really wants to hug him and then kiss him with all of his might. He wants for everything to go back the way it used to be so that everything will turn normal once again.

But they can't.

Everything between them will be just really awkward, and that's the last thing that he wanted to feel. When they are pretending to be happy and lovey-dovey with each other, he can feel the awkwardness between the two of them, and he knows that some of the fans can feel it. When he meets fans on the streets, some of them asks him if they are alright. And when he tells them that they have nothing to worry about - which they don't believe that much - they will just say that they need to be strong and whatever obstacle that they are taking right now, they can pass it together and be stronger than the way they used to be.

He had talked to Liam and Zayn regarding this matter, but they can't seem to help him with his problem. What the two have said are just the same: talk to him. He badly wants to do it, but he knows that it isn't that easy. First of all, what is he going to say? I'm sorry because I broke your heart by turning your proposal down and I hope that it won't make everything awkward between us and let's be civil, alright? That isn't right. He knows that he needed to plan, at least what to say to him when he and him have to talk and patch things up between the two of them.

Louis didn't get to help him that much either. He still remembers what was Louis told him three days after the worst night ever.

+

"Louis, can you open the door, please?"

He knocks on Louis' hotel room in the middle of the night. He knows that he should have done it earlier, but he had done a little debate with his mind whether to seek an advice from Louis or not. He doesn't know if Louis can give him some proper advice.

Niall already knows the answer, but he decides that he should reconsider what Louis might say.

"For my sake, Niall! It's bloody midnight. I need some sleep." Louis grunts under his breath as he opened his door, and lets Niall in nonetheless. "What do you need from me anyway?"

"I need some advice regarding my situation, you know, with him."

Louis sends him a glare, "What kind of advice do you want?"

"What should I do? I really don't know what to do. Liam and Zayn didn't helped me that much because they had the same idea of what should I do. So, I decided that maybe you could help me?"

"You know what you should do?" Louis told him when as soon as he settled down on the couch on his hotel room.

"What? I honestly don't have an idea, Lou."

"You should just buy some lace underwear from Victoria's Secret - it's more preferable if it is color pink, black, or red - just choose whatever color you want, wear it paired up with some silky robe, go to his room, seduce him, and then let him fuck you hard. After that, you two should be perfectly fine."

"What the hell?" He can't help but scream out to Louis' face. He had expected it, but it still shocked him when he actually heard it from Louis himself.

"What? You wanted an advice, right? That's all I can think of right now while I'm being completely restless and in a state where I badly need my sleep."

"Yeah, right. Goodnight, Louis. Sorry for disturbing you and thank you for being the worst best friend ever."

"It's a pleasure, mate. Now, get the fuck out of my room."

+

He shudders at the thought, thinking that he shouldn't have gone to seek Louis for an advice. But he still manages to smile, because he remembers that he laughed so hard for the first time in days and it is because of him. He is thankful for Louis; for being the one who always make him laugh because of the stupid things he does.

Well, that is Louis Tomlinson for you.

Startling as he hears someone knocks on his door, he gets up from his seat on the balcony of his hotel room. Thankfully, he can still hear if someone knocks on his door even though there is quite some distance between the balcony and the door. He sets down his glass with some beer that he got from ordering room service a while ago.

Niall opens the door but his mouth falls wide open as soon as he sees the person who is behind his door.

"Harry..."