Chapter XII

[unedited]

"Niall, sweetheart, you're home!"

Maura cheerfully welcomes her son as soon as she spots him. Niall smiles widely, thinking that it's nice to see his mum being all giddy and smiley.

"Hey, mum," he greets back before hugging his mum really tight. He breathes in her scent, a smile creeps up on his face as he recognizes the scent — she is wearing the perfume that Niall gave her last Christmas.

"I missed you so much, baby. I'm really happy that you're here," Maura mumbles on her son's neck.

"I missed you, too, mum," Niall smiles. "Can we go inside now?"

Maura pulls away from her son with a smile. She cradles his face in between of her hands, still wearing her beautiful smile.

"Of course."

They goes inside their house, smiles wide on their faces. Inside, Bobby, Greg, Denise, and Theo are sitting on the couch. They are patiently waiting for Niall and Maura. Seconds later, they finally see Niall and Maura's silhouettes. They all stand up from their seats, grins creeping up on their faces.

"Welcome home, Niall," Bobby greets to his son, opening his arms to invite him for a hug.

"Thanks, dad."

Bobby breaks their hug, "Where's Harry? I heard, he's also going to be here."

"Harry will be here after a few days, maybe. He's probably going to text me as soon as possible."

"Speaking of Harry, let's talk about your relationship with him," Greg suggests. It seems that everyone agrees with it, so they take their own seats on the couch then made themselves comfortable.

They all look at Niall, like they are motioning him to speak up about it. Niall heaves a sigh before speaking up.

"Alright, so what do ya wan' to know about our relationship?"

"We want to know everything but it's up to you. We respect your privacy so you are free to tell us anything you want," Denise responds.

Niall scratches the back of his head, "Well, we have been great and, uh, feelin' relieved tha' people finally knew 'bout us and we don't need to hide anymore. I enjoyed our first date in the eye of the public even though it turned downhill afterwards."

"You know what, son?" Bobby smiles. Niall looks expectantly at his father, confusion clear on his face. "You should keep Harry."

"Huh?"

"What I'm tryna say is that you should never let 'im go. I can feel that he will take good care of ya even though I know that you can take care of yourself. He will surely treat you like a royalty, and I can feel it," Bobby states with a laugh.

"Dad, you know that it's not really necessary for him to take care of me, 'ight?"

Greg chuckles, "Of course dad knows that Niall, but for us, you seem to be like the 'girl' in the relationship."

Niall scoffs, "The 'girl'? We're both boys so what are ya sayin'?"

Greg rolls his eyes at his little brother, thinking that he is being ridiculous. He knows that Niall knows what exactly they are talking about, but he is trying to ignore the topic.

"Don't play dumb with me, Niall," he smirks. "Let's put it this way; who tops?" Greg turns his head to Bobby, Maura, and Denise. They are all wearing the identical smirk that Greg has right now which makes blood rush to Niall's face, making it tomato red.