Chapter XIX

[unedited]

"Can you really perform tonight, babe?"

Harry asks worriedly to Niall, for the nth time for the night. The paramedic that had checked up on Niall earlier recommends that he shouldn't go and perform tonight. He should just rest and maybe, take a nap. There's a big possibility that what happened earlier might happen again, and that is the very last thing that Harry wanted to happen.

"I swear, Harry, I'm fine. You have nothing to worry about," Niall sighs in exasperation. "Besides, I can handle myself. But if I will feel something wrong, I will immediately call for you. Is that alright?"

"Bu-"

"No buts, Harry. I will be alright, promise." Niall cuts him off. He gives him a reassuring smile which just makes Harry comply to him.

"Alright, I just really don't want anything bad to happen to you. You're going to give me a heart attack." he finally says that makes Niall beam at him.

"You really are nice, my future husband," Niall winks at him.

"Shut up," Harry mutters under his breath, blush creeping up on his face.

+

Niall smiles as soon as he steps out of the car that he has been riding with Harry to go to his charity football match. He already saw a lot of fans at the queue line, waiting for the right time so that the can finally enter the venue. His smile widens at the though, as he starts to feel adrenaline rushing through his veins.

His thoughts are interrupted when Harry takes a hold of his hand. He intertwines their fingers that made the two of them smile. It seems like fans spot them when they heard continuous squeals and then they started chanting Narry. It just makes Niall smile even more, feeling that this would be one of the best days ever.

As much as they want to stop by for the fans to let them take a picture with them, they got ushered by the security team to get inside already. They both smiled sadly at them, mouthing a 'sorry'.

Once they are finally inside, Niall takes a good look of their locker room. He is surprised with what he saw.

Their locker room is really big that can probably fit about sixty-five people. The room that he checked that is going to be their locker room wasn't big as this one. Now, he wonders if they entered the wrong room or he is just hallucinating.

"Don't be too surprised about this, princess," Harry suddenly whispers in his ears, making him shiver. He didn't noticed that Harry is behind him, his arms wrapped around his waist, his mouth near his ear. Harry playfully bites at his earlobe, making him squirm. Harry chuckles, "I requested for the room to be spacious because I'm afraid you might get claustrophobic and might have a panic attack. I hope you don't mind your future husband taking good care of his future wife."

Niall's eyes widens at what Harry said. Harry said a lot of things but his mind is only focused on one word.

Wife.

"W-What?" Niall manages to say. "What did you just c-called me?"

Harry laughs, "Aw, don't you like being called my future wife, hmm?"

"I-It's not that, Harry," he answers bashfully.

"Oh? That's not what I want you to call me, wife," Harry smirks.

"What do you want for me to c-call you then?"

"What do you call the partner of the wife though?" Harry asks him, still wearing that infamous smirk of his.

"H-Husband?" Niall answers hesitantly.

He kisses him on the cheek, "That is right, my precious wife. But for you, I'm gonna let you call me hubby. Husband is too long for me," he says thoughtfully. "Is that alright for you, my lovely little wife?"

"A-Alright."

"That's great!" Harry lets go of him. "But before I leave to call my mum, I wanna tell you something."

"W-What is it?" he stutters out. Niall badly wants to punch himself for stuttering too much. When did he became like this?

Harry takes a step forward then whispers in his ear, "I love you." He runs off outside, without even waiting for Niall's response.

Niall, on the other hand, is left dumbfounded. He is staring at the wall opposite of him with his mind blank. It hasn't sink into his mind yet what had Harry said. But when it did, he swears he felt his heart stop beating for three seconds.

He said, I love you. He... what?

He can't really believe this. He tries to pinch his cheeks, slaps himself on both cheeks, trying to wake himself up from this supposedly dream. (Un)fortunately, it isn't a dream.

He fucking told me he loves me. What the actual fuck.

All of this time, he has been feeling something at the pit of his stomach. It isn't something bad though, he can feel it in his bones. But he knows that what he is feeling, it's because of Harry and what he said.

Damn that son of a frog.

"Niall, are you alright?" Liam suddenly pops out of nowhere with Louis beside him holding a cup of tea. "You seem a bit distracted."

"Payno's right, Nialler," Louis agrees. "Did something happened?"

"N-No. Nothing happened that is caused by that freaking frog."

"Frog?" Liam and Louis asks him in unison.

"It's Harry."

"Oh." they both nod in realization. "What's with him?" Louis interrogates.

"I told you it's n-nothing."

Louis scoffs, "You can't fool me, what happened?"

And as if on cue, Harry enters the room with a big smile on his face.

"Wife, I'm back!" Harry announces with his arm wide open. He walks towards Niall, then planting a loud smack on his lips. "What are Louis and Liam doing to you? Are they torturing you again?"

You are the one who has been torturing me, Niall thinks exasperatedly.

He shakes his head, "N-no. They're just asking something to me."

But before Harry can even ask him what is it, he is interrupted by Louis.

"What did you just called Niall?" Louis yells in their face, making Niall and Harry cringe.

"Wife." Harry answers like it's the most obvious thing on Earth.

"Harry, are you high or something?" Liam asks this time, having that incredulous look on his face. He really can't believe what he is hearing right now. He really thinks that Harry's going crazy.

"No, I don't do drugs, Liam. Even check my drug examinations; they're all negative."

Louis sighs, "Do you even approve this thing, Niall?"

"Of course, he do-"

"Shut up, Harold. I'm not talking to you."

"Whatever."

Louis looks expectantly at Niall, "So?"

"Y-yeah." Niall answers shyly.

Liam and Louis shakes their heads out of exasperation, and they know that they're just so done with them, "Can you two get even more kinkier?"

"We can." Harry chirps. "Let me tell you th-"

"See you later, Niall," Liam and Louis says, ignoring Harry and what he's trying to say as they slam the door so that they can't hear their crazy friend's rambling voice anymore.