Chapter 36 - One Big Step

LUKES POV:

I decide to take Lexi down the rock pools at the beach.

"Have fun," Beau winks as he drives off with Brooke. We wave goodbye as he speeds down the road. I look into Lexi's eyes and take her hands.

"Come on," I smile as I walk down the sandy path. The moon is reflecting off the gentle waves that are crashing against the shore. It is quite but a good type of quiet. The is a slight breeze and I can hear Lexi's teeth chattering away. "

Here," I say as I put my suit jacket around her.

"Thanks," she smiles. I smile back and lead her down the rock pools. When we finally arrive Lexi stares at the pools that are shimmering from the moonlight.

"Wow," she breathes.

"I know," I answer as we sit down. Lexi snuggles into my arms as I breathe in the smell of her apple shampoo.

"Mm," I murmur as I can feel her heart beating. I hear Lexi chuckle slightly as she plays with my fingers.

"This place is beautiful," Lexi says admiring the scenery.

"That's why I brought you here, this place is beautiful like you," I answer.

"Aw," she says as she looks up kissing me softly. Her kisses are like a drug to me, I can never get enough.

"Everything is just perfect," she says as we pull away from the kiss.

I smile at her before she speaks again, "Being here with you, I wouldn’t have it any other way."

"Neither would I baby girl," I answer as I hold her close to me.

ALEXIS POV:

"Neither would I baby girl," I answer Luke as he pulls me closer to him. Gosh he is the definition of perfection. Everything he does, it makes me want him even more. I didn’t know that was possible to love someone as much as I love Luke but hey, never say never right?

"I never want to lose you again," Luke mumbles into my neck.

"Neither do I," I answer softly moaning at his touch. The way Luke touches me, it's different to Beau. With Beau it is full of lust but with Luke it is full of love. I can't believe how much Luke and I have gone through over the past few months. We have been to hell and back, escaped death and dealt with a break up. I guess destiny just keeps bringing us back together because we are meant for each other.

"I will never stop loving you," I say in between kissing his neck and along his jaw line.

"Marry me then," Luke says looking down at me. Wait what? Suddenly it feels like time has stopped. Did Luke just ask him to marry him?

"What?" I choke on the words.

"I said marry me then," he answers as he sits me up. Okay he wasn't joking.

"Luke," I start but I am interrupted.

"Lexi we have been through everything together. We have been to hell and back and somehow fate has always brought us back together. Your smile brightens my day, you eyes are the pathway to your soul. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on. You are perfect, perfect for me. So Alexis Jade Cooper, will you do me the complete honour of taking that one big step with me in spending the rest of our lives together?" Luke asks as he pulls out a small box with a gorgeous ring in it while kneeling down in front of me.

Tears rush down my face as I am faced with the decision. Yes or no? A million thoughts rush through my head as I think about it.

"Luke Anthony Mark Brooks, I promise to love you forever and always, yes," I answer as Luke slides the ring onto my finger.

"And I promise to love you forever and always too," Luke answers as tears roll down his face in happiness.

It is that moment when Luke embraces me in a hug that I know I have made the right decision. This is where I belong, in Lukes arms, forever and always. I love Luke with all my heart and nothing or no one is ever going to change that. He is the one who was there for me even when I wasn't there for him. He was the one to hold me when times got tough even though I wasn’t speaking to him. He was just always there and I love him so much for that.

Luke Anthony Mark Brooks saved me.

AWWWWWWW! I'm like so sad this is the last chapter! What a happy ending though! Looks like Luke and Lexi are getting married!!! <3
I was smiling the whole time I was writing this! I thought it was so cute!

Lastly I would like to thank everyone who read this book, commented on it, voted for it, followed me! Ahh I can't thank you all enough. I never thought this book would get over 1000 reads let alone 7000! It has been so fun writing this and I can't wait to write the new book for you all!

Love you all and thankyou so much!
-Hayley <3 <3 <3