Chapter 28 - Goodnight...

ALEXIS POV:

I meet up with Layne, Tal and Brooke at the bus stop to go shopping at Chadstone.

"What colour do you think you all are gonna get?" Layne asks as we wait for the bus to arrive.

"I want purple," Brooke says.

"Blue probably," Tal answers. Layne looks at me waiting for an answer.

"Oh, um I don’t know. Depends what I find," I smile. Layne nods just as the bus comes. We pay the driver for our tickets and sit on the seats towards the back. There is no one else on the bus which is weird for a Saturday. Most of the time there is old ladies on it on Saturdays. The whole bus ride we all talk about how excited we are for the dance and before we know it we are at Chadstone.

"I can’t get over how massive this place is," Tal says as she looks up at the gigantic shopping centre.

"I know right," Brooke answers. They all stand there in awe at heaven, well a girl's heaven.

"Come on," I laugh. They all snap out of their trance and we head inside.

"Okay let's go to Spurling first to see what they have," I suggest to the girls. They all nod in agreement so I walk towards the shop with them all following me. It takes us about five minutes to get through all the people. I open the big glass doors that are at the entrance and walk in. Brooke gasps as she sees all the beautiful dresses.

"Oh my god," Layne whispers. I laugh at them and walk off to look at some dresses.

"I really like this one," Tahlya says as she walks out of the dressing room in a strapless short blue dress that has diamonds all over the top part of the dress.

"That ones perfect!" Layne says as she walks out in a stunning light pink strapless dress that has ruffles at the bottom with nice beads on the side.

"How about this one?" Brooke asks as she struts out wearing a royal blue one shoulder strap dress that has ruffles around the bottom.

"It isn't purple but I really like this one," she says as she twirls around. Beau will definitely like her in that dress.

"I think you all look perfect," I answer as I admire them in their dresses.

"Lex go try yours on now," Layne says as she pushes me into a change room with the dress I picked out. I quickly change into it and look at myself in the mirror. The dress is strapless with a tight top that is covered in silver and dark coloured sequins. The bottom which is white then puffs out slightly.

I walk out of the change room to show the girls. Their jaws drop as I walk out of the cubicle.

"Oh my god," Tal whispers.

"What?" I ask them.

"It's perfect!" Brooke says admiring my dress. I blush as I look at myself in the mirror again. The dress hugs my body nicely and compliments my skin tone.

"If you don’t get that I will get it for you so you have no choice to wear it," Layne says sternly.

I laugh at her and say, "Fine I'll get it. But only if you get your dresses too."

"Deal," they all say in sync and burst out laughing at what they just did. We take off the dresses and get changed before purchasing our dresses. If you’re wondering why we are going all out, it is because our school never does anything like this so when we see an opportunity we take it.

As we are eating lunch Brooke says, "We have to go get shoes!" I take a bite out of my chicken nugget and nod.

"Where are the good shoe shops?" Tahlya asks.