Chapter 30 - My King.

LUKES POV:

Lexis looks gorgeous, not that she doesn’t any other time but tonight she is just flawless. When I saw her come down those stairs I knew right then and there that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. They way her hair falls perfectly into place, the way her eyes sparkle even in the dark, the way she smiles, they way she does simple everything, is what makes her the perfect person for me. I can’t believe I have someone like her in my life.

"You ready for a night to remember?" I ask Lexi as I look at our entwined hands. She smiles and nods as I lead her off into the hall. When we arrive in there is people everywhere. The hall is decorated in balloons, streamers, strobe lights and so on. There is a DJ playing at the back of the hall where people are dancing. I can see Jai, Skip and Beau with Tahlya, Layne and Brooke standing by the drinks table so we head over to them.

"You finally made it," Skip jokes as we approach them.

"Yeah," I laugh.

"You look very nice Luke," Tahlya compliments me.

"Thanks, I get it from Jai," I joke around, obviously I'm the hotter one. Tahlya laughs and so does Jai.

"Skip let's go dance," Layne says pulling him off into the crowd of people before he can say no. Tahlya and Jai follow them to go dance so it's just Beau, Luke, Brooke and I. There is a bit of awkward tension here, I mean why wouldn’t there be? Beau and I practically have slept with both of them.

"So are you two going to go dance?" Lexi asks them making it more uncomfortable.

"I don’t know," Brooke answers looking at Beau out of the corner of her eye. I look up at Beau and give him the 'ask her to dance' look.

Beau gulps and turns to Brooke, "Do you wanna go dance?"

Brooke smiles, "Of course." She pulls him off into the crowd leaving Lexi and I alone.

"Do you wanna dance?" I ask her.

"I can't dance Luke, you know that," she answers me.

"Lex, you're a cheerleader, you can dance," I say.

"Sparky says cheerleaders are dancers gone retarted," she giggles referring to Bring It On.

I laugh, "Well you will be a perfect match for my dancing wont you." She smiles as I take her hand and lead her to the dance floor. I look around to see Jai and Tal dancing like spastics, Layne and Skip are what you call 'dirty dancing' and Beau and Brooke are just dancing normally which is unusual for Beau.

"Luke!" I hear someone call out from behind me. I turn around to see James standing there with Veronica.

"Hey James," I smile, "Hey Roni."

"Hi," she chirps back.

"Hey Lex," James says.

"Hi, hey Roni," Lexi smiles.

"Hello, you look gorgeous!" Roni answers Lexi.

"Aw thanks, you look stunning as always," Lexi answers. We chat for a bit with James and Roni before they go see the others.

"James looks so happy," Lexi says to me.

"Yeah he is," I answer. Lexi smiles at me as the song 'DJ's Got Us Fallin' In Love' by Usher comes on.  I grab Lexi around the waist as she wraps her arms around my shoulders. I know this isn't a slow song but who cares? We're slow dancing to it! We sway to the music as I hum the words.

"Cause baby tonight, the DJ got us falling in love again

Yeah, baby tonight, the DJ got us falling in love again