Zoro x reader - Love

The song is Love Love Love by Of Monster and Men because I love their music ^_^

"D-don't...pleas-e..." She begged the man, who smirked in return.

"You still know things that I wish to know, (Name)." He replied smoothly, turning the knife over in his hands.

"I-I swear I d-on't know a-anything." She stuttered, her words broken from the pain.

"You're willing to die? For them? Really?" The man smirked, tracing her jawline with the tip of his knife.

"Listen, no matter what, you don't tell anyone anything. Got it?" Her boyfriend hissed.

"Got it. I love you, Marco."

"I-I don't care I-if you kill me." She said.

"It's not like you have a choice if you continue like this." The man smirked, before slapping her hard around the face. "Now tell me where it is."

"I-I d-don't k-know..." She choked out, holding back her tears.

"Sir! Pirates! Even worse, it's the Strawhat crew!" A marine ran in.

"Shit." The man cursed under his breath. He smirked at (Name), who glared at him back. "Don't move a muscle until we get back sweetie."

~

"I swear, this is so pointless..." Zoro muttered, glancing around the ship. "And everyone's lost again."

He walked in a direction that he presumed was back to the ship, until he heard faint groaning from the door he was next to.

He opened it, and saw an attractive
(H/C) haired girl on the floor, her hair obscuring her face, chains weighing her down, tears soaking the ground under her as she groaned in pain.

"Are you ok?" Zoro asked her. She looked up.

"N-No...y-yo-u are't a-another m-m-marine, a-a-are y-you?" She asked, her words broken up.

"No." He glanced at the chains, before cutting them and freeing her.

"W-What...W-wait...y-you aren't going to...?" She stuttered, her eyes wide with shock.

"I'm going to help you." He picked up the weak girl in his arms, her scuffed black clothes contrasting against his white shirt.

~

She recovered aboard the Thousand sunny, and joined them as their Nakama, as it turned out she was an assassin.

However, no matter how close they were to her, they still had no clue as to why she was being tortured by the Marines.

~

"Maybe I'm a crook,
For stealing your heart away.
Maybe I'm a crook,
For not caring for it.
Maybe I'm a bad, bad, bad person,
Well baby I know."

(Name) sang softly as she sharpened her knives. Her smooth tone seemed to both unsettle and awe Usopp, as he placed down the weapon he was working on to listen.

"And these fingertips,
Will never run through your skin.
And those bright blue eyes,
Can only meet mine,
Across a room.
Filled with people that are less important than you."

"(Name)-CHWAN! I BOUGHT YOU A REFRESHING DRINK AND SNACK AS-" Sanji's swooning was cut off by Usopp shushing him.

Sanji stopped to listen to (Name)'s low melodic singing.

"Because you,
Love love love,
When you know I can't love.
You love love love.
When you know I can't love.
You love love love,
When you know I can't love you~"

"Maybe she's talking about Zoro?Anyone could tell she's got a crush on him." Usopp whispered. Sanji shook his head.

"Zoro doesn't have 'Bright blue eyes'. Wait!" Sanji stopped, a grin spreading over his features. "Maybe she's talking about me! Maybe (Name)-chwan loves me, and is telling me through this!"

"No, you idiot. If she loved you, it wouldn't be about you. It's about not being able to love, right?" Usopp whispered

"So I think it's best,
We both forget.
Before we dwell on it."

(Name) stopped singing, and glared at the two males.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING LISTENING TO ME! PERVS!" She shouted, shoving them out of the room.

~

She placed down her sharpened knives, before walking out of Usopp's workshop to find Zoro.

She found him in the Crow's nest, watching over the sea for enemy ships.

"Hi." She greeted him, walking over to the window where he sat. "Mind if I sit here?"

"Sure." He replied.

They sat in silence until Zoro spoke up.

"Why were you on that Marine ship?" He asked.

She sighed, before starting to explain. "My boyfriend and I, we were meant to assassinate a marine captain. It failed, and Marco betrayed me, left me." She began to tear up. "I couldn't betray him like he betrayed me, no matter how much they tortured me."

"T-that's awful." Zoro said quietly, shocked.

"It's ok, because you saved me." (Name) grinned at him.

"But what if the Marines..." Zoro began, but (Name) stopped him.

"I've been wanted by the Marines for a long time! That didn't make any difference!" (Name) said optimistically.

"That isn't..." Zoro trailed off, sighing.

"Anyway, I've got over him. I guess I just can't love someone as selfish as that." She grinned at him. "I guess that's why I'm in love with you~"

"HUH?!" Zoro exclaimed, astonished by her sudden confession. She grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him into a kiss.

She remembered the last part of that song.

'The way you held me so tight,
All through the night 'til,
It was near morning.'

I have listened to Walking In The Air about 20 times in the last 3 hours •~•