Zoro x reader - Princess

I was watching The Tale of Princess Kaguya and the song inspired me.

"Round, Round, go around, Waterwheel, go round.
Go round and call Mr. Sun
Go round and call Mr. Sun."

The young green-haired male stopped walking, as he heard a sweet voice singing.

The voice belonged to a young girl, with beautiful (H/C) hair and sparkling
(E/C) eyes.

She was dressed in a elegant kimono. Obviously, something important was to happen. Meeting an important person.

She didn't seem happy though. Whilst her voice was sweet, her eyes seemed sad, and her mouth was neither a smile not a frown.

"Birds, bugs, beasts, grass, trees, flowers.
Bring Spring and Summer, Fall and Winter."
Bring Spring and Summer, Fall and winter."

He felt dishonourable looking at her frown the shadows as he was, watching her outstretched hand catch a cherry blossom.

She was the beautiful princess (Name). Many people wanted to marry her, but she always found ways to reject them. Asking them to do impossible tasks, finding ways to outsmart them.

She sighed, smoothing out the soft fabric of her kimono. She didn't want to marry an important person. She wanted to marry someone she loved.

She started singing again, with the same melody, but different words, and a different pitch, almost a sad tone.

"Go round, come round, come round
O distant time,
Come round and bring back my heart.
Come round and bring back my heart."

Zoro felt his heart thump at her smooth melodic voice. He'd heard so many rumours of princess (Name), talented at music and art, and the most beautiful princess out there. What he saw seeing beat all rumours.

"Birds, bugs, beasts, grass, flowers, trees,
Teach me how to feel.
If I hear that you pine for me, I will return to you."

She stopped singing and turned around.

"I can see you, you know." She said softly.

Zoro blushed.

"Come speak to me? I want some decent company, not just some council man who wants to marry me." She offered.

"Sure." He said, stepping out of the shadows. He walked to her position under the cherry blossom tree.

"I wish people would appreciate me for a person, and not just an object that can be given away." (Name) sighed.

"For a princess, you're rather talkative, right? N-No offence or anything, I mean it's just..." He trailed off.

"I'm fed up with all these standards. I can't run around, I can't play with my friends. I'm not supposed to say anything, to smile, to laugh." She replied, sighing.

"Mmm. It's awful. I think you have a lovely voice, and you should be able to use it." He told her, smiling.

"You seem so nice. I wish...I wish someone like you could come along, and marry me." (Name) said softly.

"Am I not acceptable?" Zoro asked, taking her delicate hands in his.

"I-I'd love to, but I don't know if I'm allowed..." She began.

"I'm the person that you're meant to meet up with today, princess (Name)." He said, smiling.

"Are you now?" She grinned. "I suppose that you're the best that I'll find. But you won't make me pluck my eyebrows and paint them on, will you? That's what I'm being told to do."

"Of course not." Came his soft reply. "I think that you're at your most beautiful just the way you are princess (Name)."

When I first watched Princess Kaguya, I didn't like it because the character I liked dies. But now I really like how it represents historical Japanese culture, even though when you know the real story behind it, it becomes very sad ;-;