Farooq Gibran

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Huh?" asked Iris, clearly confused. I can tell it in Joe's eyes that he's begging me to do something. 

"Barry, don't we have someplace to be?" I asked, packing up.

"Yeah, coming." says Barry.

"Bye guys." I smiled.

"Bye, and happy birthday!" yelled Iris and Joe. As I and Barry walked down the stairs and came towards the elevator we came across men in handcuffs being escorted by two police officers. 

"That's a quality time piece, young man." says the men nodding his head towards Barry's watch.

"Oh, um thanks." mumbles Barry.

"They took mine, all of them." says the men. I can sense his craziness already. The way he looked at us like he knows something.

"I guess you shouldn't have done whatever it is you did," says Barry, taking my hand. We walked into the elevator and made our way to S.T.A.R Labs. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Since you got here he's been looking at his suit," whispers Caitlin. I look up from my laptop to see Barry staring at his suit.

"Let's do something about it then," I said getting up from my chair. Both Caitlin and I walked up to Barry. We stood on either side of him.

"You think I'll ever wear it again?" Barry asked, still looking at his suit.

"I hope so." I sighed.

"I didn't have my speed for very long, but now that it's gone, it feels like part of me is gone too."

"With or without your speed, you're still you, Barry." says Caitlin.

"But I'm not. I'm not the best version of me. I love being The Flash. I love everything about it. The feeling hundreds of miles per hour, wind and power just rushing past my face, being able to help people. I'm not sure I can live without it." says Barry.

"That's where I'm going to have to disagree with you Barry," I say out loud. Both Barry and Caitlin look at me. "Being The Flash is just an awesome, once in a lifetime, plus. The best version of you is Bartholomew Henry Allen." Barry cringed and I couldn't help, but laugh. "Having these powers must be amazing, but in all honesty, I will always love the Barry Allen 1.0." Barry blushed and smiled. "But the Barry Allen 2.0 is better. The same, but with powers and abs." Barry laughed and hugged me.

"Thanks," Barry said, but his words were muffled in my hair. 

"Farooq Gibran." We turn around to see Cisco hurrying to the computers. 

"Who?" Barry asked.

"The power vampire who jacked your speed," says Cisco. "I hacked into the surveillance footage from the Petersburg substation. Once I got his face, it was easy to find a match," says Cisco pulling up Farooq Gibran information.

"He climbed an electrical tower the night of the accelerator explosion." Caitlin reads.

"No surprise where his powers came from," mumbled Cisco. The alarm starts beeping and red lights start flashing.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me. This is not happening," yells Cisco. We all look over at the computer to see a surveillance camera from outside S.T.A.R. Labs. Standing there is no other then Farooq Gibran.

"Dr. Harrison Wells, I need to see you! Come on, I know you're inside. Open the door. I just want to talk, Dr. Wells. Wells! Let me in!"

"So much for a happy birthday," I say, my voice shaking.