Secrets

I head into S.T.A.R Labs with my head up high, I needed answers because what happen to Barry made no, and I mean no sense!I head into the Cortex to find Barry, Caitlin, Cisco, and Dr.Wells talking to one another. The thing is, all conversations stopped once I came in.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, nothing. Um, what are you doing here?" Barry asked.

"Barry we need to talk," I say nudging my head towards the door.

"Yeah sure," Barry says as he follows me. Once were out of ear sight I began asking my question.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah why?"

"It just seems like something is wrong, that's all."

"Nothing is wrong."

"Okay so explain to me what happen after work today." Barry stared at me for a long time.

"Explain to me why you were following me." says Barry.

"I knew something was up. I wanted to make sure you were okay." I say. 

"I'm fine Madison." Barry protest.

"No your not, now start talking before I..." Barry cuts me off.

"Madison I think it's best you didn't know."

"I think it's best I do know. I saw you ran into that truck, Barr. Please tell me what's going on." I plead. Barry stayed quite and bit his bottom lips as if debating on rather or not to tell me. A part of me was hurt that he didn't want to tell me, but it's understandable. I've left so long ago. He might not remember me the same way or feel as comfortable around me as before. Long distance can make people turn into strangers. "It's fine. Don't tell me, but know that I really do care about you and that I'm sorry I wasn't around that much, but I'm here now." 

I turn on my heels towards the exit, but a quick arm grabs me gently before I can talk a step forward. I turn to look at Barry to see pleading eyes telling me to stay.

"The truth is when I got hit by that lightning bolt I gained powers. I can run so fast Madison!" Barry says with a growing smile on his face. "I just found out a few minutes ago at work and I had to make my way back to S.T.A.R Labs to know what's going on with me."

"Why didn't you want to tell me this!" I asked. "Why hesitate?"

"I don't know I just thought it was best to keep it a secret," Barry quickly says.

"That's not it Barr," I say, seeing through his lie.

"I-I thought you wouldn't believe me," Barry admits look down at his converses. "No one believed me when I told them my dad didn't kill my mom. Why would this be any different?" says Barry his voice trailing off as he spoke.

"Because I saw it myself," I explain placing a hand on Barry's shoulder. " And hey, I know your father didn't kill your mom. I always believe you on that even when others didn't.  Anyway, next time doesn't even think about lying to me." I say. Barry steps closer to me. 

"So no more lying to you?" he asked.

"Yep, if you were lying about something before better tell me now before I kick your butt to next week." I joked. 

"Is that so? So I better tell you something I been keeping from you for a long time." Barry says with a smug look.

"And what is that Allen?" I say moving closer.

"I think I might like you ever since I meet you and I'm only saying 'I might' is because I'm afraid you won't feel the same way," Barry says. I bring myself closer so that are chest are only a centimeter apart. I then go on my tippy toes (he is a bit taller than me) and kiss him. He kisses me back and we kiss for a long time. I then pull back very red in the face, but I couldn't help, but grin. "I waited so long to finally kiss you." Barry chuckled.

"I think I might like you to Allen," I say. "Wait... what do you mean you gained powers from a lightning bolt?"

 what do you mean you gained powers from a lightning bolt?"