Chapter 40 (Final Chapter)

Bellamy's POV

I watched them enter the cafe and followed behind, keeping a distance so they wouldn't see me.

Around humans my scent was hard to smell so they didn't know I was there.

I sat two booths behind them, which was enough for me to hear what they were talking about because of my werewolf hearing.

"What did you want to talk about Luke?" I heard Astra ask.

"I'm going to start with my name. You might have heard of me as Orion." Luke replied.

Many thoughts ran across my mind.

He was the lost child, an elemental werewolf like Astra. It made sense now. That's why he was so attracted to her, ever since they first met. I could tell by the way he looked at her.

"What? You are Orion as in the one who had elemental powers but died?" Astra asked with shock clear in her voice.

He must have nodded in reply because Astra then said angrily, "I trusted you! I can't believe you never told me as soon as we met."

"I wasn't sure if I could trust you. After I got to know you better, I decided to tell you and explain."

There was silence for a moment.

"Explain to me then."

"I never died in the fire. One of my parents servants saved me from the fire and we got out of the palace. That servant was Titus. After that, he took me away and has brought me up like his own child. He has protected me."

"Who else knows who you really are, except for Titus?"

"You and a witch that hid my scent. No one else knows. It's too risky, that's why I had my scent hidden." Luke explained.

"You control the water element mainly don't you?" Astra asked.

That's when it hit me and anger began to rise in my wolf.

Him controlling water mainly meant only one thing.

"Yes. I'm your elemental soul mate." Luke answered.

I could feel mixed emotions coming from Astra due to our connection. She was feeling overwhelmed but at the same time happy.

How could she even be happy over this?

"I need some air." She said and stood up. She walked past me and I quickly hid behind a menu, pretending to read it so my face was hidden.

Luke followed closely behind and I could now see that they were outside through the window I was sitting next to.

I could tell they were talking and what annoyed me was that they were both smiling. I couldn't hear what they were saying so I decided to go outside.

I stepped out and what I saw next made me angry, but at the same time made my heart break. Something I thought Astra would never do to me, but I guess I was wrong about her.

Luke had his hands on Astra's face and their lips were connected in a passionate kiss.

I waited for her to pull away, but she didn't. Instead they both seemed in sink as if they were meant for one another.

They broke apart smiling and as if Astra sensed me, she turned around and gasped when she saw me watching.

She stepped forward with regret on her face but I turned around, walking away from them both.

I heard her call my name, but I ignored her. She had no idea how I felt right now. How could she? I'd never hurt her like this before.

My breathing was uneven and it felt as if I was being suffocated. The pain I was in was incredulous. I just wanted to escape, escape from this world full of betrayal and heart ache.

I forced myself to keep walking, keeping my eyes in front of me and not looking back.

I didn't want to hear anything she had to say anymore. Our relationship was over.

Author's Note
Hey guys! Please don't hate me for how things ended with Astra and Bellamy.

Anyway, maybe their relationship will be mended in the sequel. ;)

I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has read this book and stuck by it from the very beginning.

I am so grateful to have such great readers as you all.

I hope you all stick by Astra's journey in the sequel which will be called, The Elemental Wolf: Journey to MoonRise Island.

I would also like to say thank you to fuk_you_im_pigeon and ffi_03 . They have both inspired me to write many of the events that have occurred in this book and they have also helped me write some chapters.

I will be updating more about the sequel soon and I would also like you all to help choose a cover for it. I will mention more about it in the next chapter.

Happy new year! 🎉

Thanks xxx