Chapter 33

Apollo and I were currently sitting in a small cafe just off the pack grounds which meant it was a humans cafe.

"What would you guys like to order?" A waiter asked us.

"I'll have a Cappuccino and...." Apollo looked at me waiting for my answer.

"I'll have a Latte please." I finished.

"Is that all?" The waiter asked again whilst jotting down our orders on his small pad of paper.

We both shook our heads in response.

"What did you need to talk to me about?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"Dad spoke to the kingdom elders about you having more than one elemental power. They said they have heard of it before, but you need to make sure you are careful. Too much power could attract unwanted werewolves and could hurt you if it gets out of control."

"You said they have heard of it before. Did someone else have them too?" I was now listening intently.

"There was a guy who had all four elemental powers. He managed to hide his powerful scent away by the help of the most powerful witch in the supernatural realm. A few years later, the power began to get too much for him. He began to hallucinate all of the time and tried to kill himself on many occasions. One day he just disappeared. There was no sign of him left." He explained.

"What? Just like that?" I asked in disbelief. "How can he just disappear?"

"There's only rumours. Some people say he killed himself but others say he left to go to Moon Rise island, in the realm of the Moon Goddess. He wanted it all to stop and he wanted to know a way. The only way he could do that was by asking the Moon Goddess herself."

"Is that even possible?"

"No one knows, it all just might be a myth." He answered.

We were disrupted by the waiter. "Here are your drinks."

He places them on the table and Apollo and I replied with, "thanks."

As soon as he left, Apollo carried on.

"The elders fear that the same thing will happen to you. The hallucinations and maybe even other things that we don't know of yet."

"That's only if I can't control it right?" I looked at him hopefully. Surely I couldn't just go mad.

"Maybe. But it's most likely that the power will be too much to handle. One element is bad enough, but four?"

We sat in silence. It took me a while to take it all in.

"So I have all four elemental powers?" I asked him.

He nodded. "The powerful witch I mentioned before, she died many years ago but her great granddaughter is alive. She can cast a spell on you to minimise your scent."

"Okay. What about Jonathan? Will it keep him away."

He took a sip out of his drink, not looking at me as if he was trying to avoid the question.

"It's unlikely. He knows who you are. He won't stop until you're dead."

"He killed Lilah because of me." I told him.

"I heard that she died and the message left behind. Tom explained everything to mum and dad. It's not your fault, Jonathan is a ruthless man who doesn't care about anything escort power. He's trying to get to you and play with your emotions."

"We need to do something about him." Anger was now evident in my voice.

"And we will. Dad has his best tracker trying to find him. We will get him." Apollo said, trying to calm me down.

I sighed in defeat. "Okay, fine."

"I will text you when Aria is coming to see you. She's the witch."

I nodded and finished off my hot drink.

"It's for the best if you don't tell anyone about what we talked about. Anyone could be on Jonathan's side, you have to be careful in who you trust." He warned.

"I understand." I smiled at him appreciatively.

He took one last sip of his drink, finishing it off.

"I'm going to head back to the palace. Be careful and you have my number if you need to talk to me." He smiled and pulled me into a hug.

I hugged him back. "Thanks."

He dropped me back home and we then said our goodbyes.

I entered the house to hear the sound of talking coming from the living room.

''What if she does something stupid?'' I heard someone say.

''This had effected her too. Just give her time." Someone else replied.

The door was closed and the voices were muffled. I couldn't yet tell who was in there speaking.

''She was telling me before that it would have been better if he killed her, not Lilah!'' I immediately recognised who it was. It had to be Bellamy.

''Calm down. We'll just keep an eye on her.'' That was Tom's voice and they were talking about me.

I didn't need a babysitter!

I opened the door and walked in purposely. However, I acted as if I hadn't heard a thing.

As soon as Bellamy saw me, he looked away not sparing me another glance as he walked out of the room, leaving me and Tom behind.

''How much did you hear?'' Tom asked.

''Enough to know that he doesn't trust me.'' I replied back with anger. ''I'm not a child, I can look after myself.''

''Astra, it's not that he doesn't trust you. He's only w...''

I cut him off. ''I'm not going to listen to you try and sugar coat it.'' With that I turned around and walked out of the room. I heard him sigh behind me but I carried on walking, making my way up the stairs.

I went into my bedroom and collapsed on top of my bed.

I closed my eyes letting everything that had happened today sink in. Why did things have to be so complicated?

Author's Note

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm going to try and post up chapters more often. The book will be finishing soon which I will give more details about in a further chapter.

That's all for now. :)

Please Vote,

Comment

And Share!

Thanks xxx