Chapter 32

It was the next day and everyone was out of it.

Tom had told everyone that was playing Cluedo last night, to stay at the pack house. Blake and Ffion had to leave due to them living quite far.

I sat on the dining table taking in small spoonfuls of Cornflakes.

I wasn't even hungry, but Bellamy said that I couldn't just stop eating because of what happened last night.

Tom hadn't left his bedroom ever since we got back here.

I had taken breakfast up to his room but he wouldn't eat. He just sat on his bed, staring at a picture of him and Lilah together on his phone.

"I'm worried about him." I told Bellamy, pushing the bowl of cereal away.

"He must be in a lot of pain. Whatever pain your mate is in, you feel it too. She got her heart ripped out and I can only imagine that's what it felt like to him." He explained.

I sighed. "I guess you're right."

He walked over to me and pulled me towards him. I wrapped my arms around him, burying my face into his chest.

"Just give him time." He said to me, whilst wrapping his arms around me and kissing my head.

I nodded in response. We stood there for a few minutes silently. I decided to break the silence first.

"It's my fault that she's dead."

He pulled back and took my face in his hands.

He looked at me sternly. "It's not your fault. You didn't know what was going to happen and that message might not have even been for you."

"Really? You know that the message was for me. If he had killed me that day at the palace, no one would be in pain right now." I muttered the last part.

"How can you even say that? I would be in pain for losing my mate. Damon would be in pain for losing his best friend and Tom and Ruby would be in pain for losing their friend!" He growled.

I pulled away from him and sat back down.

He stormed out of the room without saying another word.

I buried my face in my hands, tired of everything.

I heard someone walk in and take a seat besides me. I looked to see Ruby.

"How you are you feeling?" I asked her.

"Okay, Cameron's stayed with me and he's honestly helped me a lot. I'm sorry for getting angry at you last night, I was just shocked." She said with tears forming in her eyes.

I pulled her into a hug. "It's okay."

We sat together talking for some time until Tom walked in.

"The funeral is tomorrow after school." He told us. His eyes were red and he looked exhausted.

"Have you slept ever since yesterday?" I asked, worried about him.

"No. I've been contacting the elders, her parents and arranging the funeral. I also had to attend a meeting with the elders last night." He explained.

"Go get some rest." I told him. "Nobody wants a walking zombie for an alpha."

He smiled slightly. "You're right. I'll go take a quick nap."

He left the room and I turned to Ruby.

"Can I ask you something?"

She nodded. "Sure."

"What would you do if someone is trying to kill you, but because they couldn't kill you the first time, they killed your friend to get to you?" I asked.

"I would find them and kill them for killing my friend." She replied seriously.

"What if you didn't know where they where? How would you find them then?"

She sighed. "I'm not you so I don't know. I know that you're talking about yourself. Lewys told Cameron about the message and Cam told me."

I sighed too. "Do you think it's my fault?"

"Honestly? I think it's no ones fault. The only person we can blame is the werewolf who killed her. So don't worry too much about it, you couldn't have stopped it." She said with a look of sincerity.

I nodded in response.

My phone buzzed in my pocket making me jump.

I checked it to see that I had one message.

Apollo: I'm coming to the pack house today. We need to speak as soon as I get there.

Me: Okay. About what?

Apollo: I'll explain when I get there. I'm leaving the palace now so I'll get there around 5.

Me: See you later then.

Apollo: Bye sis.

I smiled at his last text. The 'sis' part made me smile. I had always wanted a brother, preferably older than me. But age didn't matter now, since we were basically twins.

"Who was that?" Ruby asked curiously.

"Apollo." I replied.

She looked at me in confusion.

"He's my brother. I met him at the palace." I explained briefly.

"Oh I remember Damon saying that you were at the palace, when you weren't in school."

Just as she finished speaking, her phone began to ring.

"It's my parents. I'll go speak to them upstairs." She explained. I nodded and she left the room.

Out of nowhere, I felt anger in me. That's when I realised, it was Bellamy that was angry right now.

Ever since yesterday in the woods, my connection to Bellamy was now much stronger. He had marked me as his mate and I still had the mark just above my collar bone.

I immediately felt bad for making him angry by saying what I had said. I was going to wait until he spoke to me first because by then, he hopefully would have calmed down.

Hey guys! This chapter is quite boring and short. But I will try and make the next chapter longer for you all.

What do you think Apollo wants to talk to Astra about?

Please Vote,
Comment
And Share!

Thanks xxx