Fourtey Three - Try to Cover it

Italics = Lynn

Bold = Ross

"Hello?" I answer my phone.

"I still love you," Ross sobs on the other end.

I sit up, moving Rocky's arm away from my waist. I walk into the hallway. "Ross? Why're you crying? Where are Ava and Mason?"

"They're inside. They won't stop talking about how you and Rocky are going to get married. I love you, Lynn. You promised you wouldn't leave me for one of my brothers."

I tuck my bottom lip between my teeth. "Ross," I whisper.

"Can you come pick them up?"

"Right now?"

"I need to see you, Lynnette. You don't understand, do you?"

"You cheated on me, Ross!" I exclaim. "You've hurt me in so many different ways!"

"Baby, I know. But I need you. I love you so much and you have to know that. Are you happy? Are you truly fucking happy, Lynn?"

"No, Ross! I'm not! No matter how hard I try I will never stop loving you and that kills me. I'm trying to give Rocky my love, but you're making it nearly impossible! Is that what you wanted to hear!?"

"Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to hear!" He screams suddenly. "If you love me then why aren't you with me!?"

"Because I'm trying to fix Rocky now! I FIXED YOU, HE NEEDS ME MORE THAN YOU DO!"

"Nobody will ever need you more than I do," he whispers.

"Well, he shows it more."

"Lynn?" Rocky walks out of the room.

"Hold on," I say to Ross. "Yeah, baby?" I press a gentle kiss to his cheek.

"Go see him," he murmurs. "He needs you right now."

I press another kiss, this time to his lips. "I'll be back in two hours, tops," I promise.

A/N
She's gon' do somethin' naughty