Twenty Three - "You're So Stupid"

Maya

I get into the car, immediately earning a smack from my mother. "You're so stupid. What the hell were you thinking!?" She yells as she begins driving.

I look down at my lap. "I wasn't. I'm sorry, mom," I whisper.

She shakes her head. "You went too far this time, Maya! You are in deep shit with your father."

The rest of the ride 'home' was silent. I really wanted to be with Romeo instead of crying right now.

Once we entered the house, I was punched across the face. "Are you fucking serious!?" My father shouts, taking another swing. This time, across the other side of my face. "You could get pregnant, bitch! Is that really what you want!?" He pulls me up. I stay silent, looking at the ground as tears stream down my aching face. "You ruined mine and your mothers life, slut." I take several more hits before he lets me fall to the floor, sobbing. "Go up to your room," he growls.

***************************

I crawl over to the door. I support myself against it before locking the door. After a few minutes of trying to catch my breath, i throw on shorts and a tank top. I grab a suitcase. I quickly toss my dresses, my tank tops, shorts, yoga pants, skirts, and some jeans alone with a few pairs of pajamas in. I grab my tote bag, shoving in my straightener, curler, makeup, hair supplies and girl items- such as pads and tampons. I wipe my eyes, grabbing my phone.

"Oh my God. Baby, are you okay?" Romeo's sweet voice coos.

I shake my head to myself. "My parents don't want us together," I sob. "Come get me, please! I can't move, he hurt me so much," I whimper.

"My baby. Holy shit. Okay, I'm on my way. Get some shit together," he says as a door slams. I gasp and jump. "Sorry, babe."

"I already did. I'll be waiting on the corner of the street," I quickly hang up.

I grab my tote bag, tossing it out the window along with my suitcase. I quietly make my way downstairs, glancing into the living room. My mom is sucking off my dad. What the fuck is wrong with them? I quickly run to the front door, closing it quietly behind me. I sneak into the garage and grab a few pairs of shoes. I slide some on before running to my bags. After shoving them into my suitcase, I make my way to the stop sign at the end of the street.

I see Mr. Lynch's car speed down the long road. Romeo jumps out of the car once they park in front of me. "Oh my fucking God," his hands caress my face. I wince at his gentle touch. He tosses my bags into the trunk. Ross scoops me up and sets me in the backseat. My boyfriend sits next to me, allowing me to lean against him. He pulls me into his lap, allowing me to cry. "Tell me what happened," he says in a gently voice as he carries me into the house.

I scoot off of him, holding my arms out. Cara hands me Caitlyn. The baby smiles up at me, reaching for my nose. Her little hand brushes against a tear, causing her to cry. I rock her back and forth in my arms. "Shh, baby. It's okay. Nobody's going to hurt you," I whisper as I place a kiss on her forehead.

She eventually falls asleep. "What happened to you, baby?" Romeo brushes away my tears. "You're so bruised and.. He didn't.. Did he?"

He figured it out.

I hand Caitlyn to Ross before I break into a sob. "Holy shit," Romeo whispers as he wraps his arms around me. I push him away from me, scooting to the other side of the couch. "No, no, no. Baby, please don't be scared of me."

I bury my face in my knees, which are against my chest. "Don't hurt me," I whimper.

He rubs my shin, "Never."