Thirty Eight - Who Knew

Ross

I open the door to reveal Romeo with tears streaming down his face. I pull him into a hug, rubbing his back. "What happened?" I ask as we walk into the house.

He wipes his eyes, sniffling. "Maya hasn't changed or anything like that in front of me since before she initially left. I walked in on her changing and.." He trails off, shuddering at his thoughts. "God, it's fucking bad. You have to see it dad. Her back is covered in long scare. Th-They're like belt whip scars," he mumbles.

I rub my temples. "Where is she?" I question as he looks down at his feet.

"She- uh.. She's with mom and Caitlyn."

I nod. "Alright, bubs. What do you want me to do? What are you going to do?"

Romeo shrugs. "I-I.. I'm going to show her that I love her. I'm going to take her out tonight, we're gonna go out to dinner and maybe the beach or something like that," he states quietly.

I smile at my oldest son. "Are you gonna..?" I trail off.

He bites his lip, reaching into his pocket. "I think I'm going to," he opens up the tiny box. "Thanks for letting me.. Vent I guess?" He chuckles a little bit. "I'm gonna go get my girl."

Romeo

I pull into a parking space. Maya keeps her focus out her window. "Maya," I whisper as I grab her hand.

"Why're we here?" She asks as tears slide down her cheeks.

I kiss her knuckles softly. "I wanted to do something here. Is that alright?" I mumble against her skin.

She nods before stepping out of the car. I copy her actions, feeling my pocket. We walk along the beach- which is pretty empty- for a few minutes in silence. I stop her from walking in an area where no one is.

"I love you," I whisper as I wrap my arms around her waist.

She does the same with her arms, making them go around my neck. "I love you," she smiles softly.

I place a slow, passionate kiss on her lips. We share a few slow kisses before I force myself to pull away. I pull the ring box out of my pocket, making her furrow her eyebrows.

"I was going to wait until you turned seventeen," I laugh nervously as I get down on one knee. "But, baby, I can't wait any longer. I want you to be mine forever. I want you to know how much I truly do love you and everything about you. Your bad hair days- those make you incredibly sexy when you're frustrated," I smirk. She giggles as tears stream down her face. "Your personality, your scars, your body shape.. Everything, Maya. I love everything about you. So, what I'm trying to get at is.. Will you marry me?"

She bites her lip, looking at her feet. "I'm so young though, Romeo."

I shake my head, pulling her so she's sitting on my leg. "I don't care. I would and do love you anyway. You could be six years older than me- but I wouldn't care."

She smiles before cupping my fave and kissing me passionately. "Yes," she says into my mouth.

I slightly pull away. "Yes?" I clarify as I slide the ring on her finger.

"Definitely," she sighs happily.