Six - My Savior

Lynn

I walk to the bathroom with Ross. "Hey, calm down, okay? She's gonna be okay," I whisper.

His breathing slows down as I grasp his hand in mine. I pull him into my arms. "Thank you," he murmurs into my neck.

I kiss his head. "As long as you're okay, it's no problem."

He lifts his head up, pressing his lips to mine. We share a passionate, heated kiss. He lifts me, setting me on the counter. "It's been so long," he pulls back, "since we've gotten that intimate," he breathes out.

I nod in agreement. "I know. More later, yeah?" He nods excitedly, kissing my cheek. I hold him for another ten minutes. "We should go back out there," I mumble.

He nods, helping me down. We walk out to the waiting room where he sits next to Romeo. "Are you okay?" He asks his father.

Ross nods, looking at me with a sad smile. "I will be," he sighs.

Later that night, I check on all the kids. Sky sleeps peacefully on the couch with Ava and Mason laying on the floor, watching over her. I smile, tucking all of them under blankets. Ross touches my back. I glance back at him. We walk to Romeo's room. His pale body holds Gracie close to him with Caitlyn on the other side. "My baby," I whisper as I lean against Ross.

He wraps his arms around me. "He grew up so fast," he murmurs.

I nod against his chest. "And he's leaving us so fast," I bite my lip to contain the tears.

Ross closes the door, pulling me upstairs. "Stop being so negative," he wipes my eyes. "He's a strong young man, Lynn. He'll be okay," he keeps his hands on my cheeks.

I place my hands on top of his. "What about Sky? I can't lose either of them," I stare into his eyes.

He nods, leaning his forehead against mine. "And you won't. They're strong kids, baby. Listen, remember that vacation we were planning?" I nod, moving my hands down to his waist. "Let's plan it now. You and I can spend the rest of the night together, planning an amazing vacation for them," he mumbles. I close my eyes as his lips trace my jaw. "Right after we get some 'mommy, daddy' time." I close my eyes as he gently lays me on the bed.

*****************************

"How about this one?" Ross asks as he shows me a beach house in The Bahamas.

I snuggle closer to him, pulling the sheets over my chest. "That's like the one we went to before Romeo was born," I smile against his bare chest.

His lips press to my head. "Yeah, it's actually right next to it," he whispers.

"Book it," I murmur against his pectoral muscles.

He books it and our plane tickets for next Friday. "I love you, baby. Goodnight," he kisses my temple.

"I love you too," I yawn.