"Good news, it's a boy," Denise stated, smiling as she pointed to the screen, "Bad news," She mumbled, her smile fading.

I smiled, taking the pictures from her hands.

"What's the bad news?" I asked.

"I can't hear a heart beat." Denise mumbled, watching the screen as she moved the tool around on top of my belly bump.

"What?" I asked, my heart sinking.

"It can happen to anyone. We can do another ultrasound tomorrow. I want you to stop worrying, get more rest, and stop stressing over things you can't help." She answered.

"Is my baby going to be okay?" I inquired.

"I don't know.." She mumbled.

I blinked back the tears as she wiped the cold substance off of my stomach.

"Don't tell Rick. I'll tell him." I replied.

"Hey, congratulations on your baby boy." She replied as I left the room.

-

"How is he?" I asked Rick, walking into Carl's room.

"He's good, he was up earlier." Rick replied.

"We need to talk later." I mumbled.

"Yeah." Rick replied.

I looked down at Carl asleep on the bed, happy he was alive and doing well.

"How are you feeling?" Rick asked.

"Better." I mumbled.

-

"I know you're mad at me, and the last thing you want to do is talk to me, but we need to talk," I replied, sitting down on the bed in front of him.

I pulled the ultrasound pictures out of my back pocket before throwing them into Rick's lap.

"We're having a boy?" He asked, his lips twitching into a smile.

My heart broke seeing him so happy, and knowing I was about to ruin everything with the news I was about to tell him.

"Denise couldn't hear a heartbeat today." I mumbled, looking down at my hands.

"But that happens a lot, right?" He asked.

"It's normal at five and six weeks." I replied.

I finally looked back up at him, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked back down at the photos.

"I'm scared." I whispered, tears pooling around my eyes.

"It's gonna be alright." Rick replied, scooting closer to me.

"No it's not, I did this. I made myself too stressed out." I replied, a couple of tears falling from my eyes.

"Stop crying." He ordered, one of his hands moving to my right cheek.

I closed my eyes, tears streaming down my cheeks.

He wrapped his arms around me and I cried even harder.

"I'm sorry," I sobbed, his hand rubbing my back.

"Look at me." He ordered.

I pulled away from our embrace, tears still sliding down my cheeks.

"I'm not mad at you." He replied, putting his index finger under my chin.

"It's my fault, Rick. What if I killed our baby?" I asked, tears blocking my vision before I blinked.

"You didn't intentionally do it." He replied, wiping the tears off my cheeks with a tissue.

-

I looked up from the soup I was making, Rick doing what I call his "cocky walk."

"What is this?" He asked, slamming the letter I wrote him down on the kitchen island.

"An apology. Did you not read it?" I fired back.

"I read it and it's all bullshit," He replied, ripping it into shreds.

"It would be best for the both of us." I replied.

He circled the island and pressed me up against it.

"You and I both know the best thing for the both of us is being together. That's when we're the happiest. We bring the best out in each other and you know it." He replied.

I moved away, and walked into the living room.

"You always say its best for the both of us if we break up, but is it really?" He inquired.

_________________

I've been so swarmed with homework holy crap

idk what to do with myself since twd is off for season break

I love youuuuuuuah