Ch. 86 - Frustrations

Start from the beginning

“Sorry, I j-just… I…”

“Hey, don’t worry about it. Just tell the doofus what’s bothering you,” I cooed.

I could hear her let out a small laugh before she went back to sobbing. “There’s something I should’ve told you a while ago,” she confessed lowly, her sobs slowing down so she could talk.

My heart dropped. “What did I do now?”

“It’s not you… Trust me. It’s someone else,” she said.

“What do you mean, it’s someone else?”

“Umm,” she shifted uncomfortably. “Remember the first Skype we did after you left over there to South America? The very first one with Ryan?”

I swallowed hard, my Adam’s apple bouncing slightly. “Yeah… What about it?”

“Later that night, someone showed up at Ryan’s door,” she breathed heavily.

Anger flashed through my eyes. “Was it Selena?” I growled.

“No, actually.”

“No?”

“Nope.”

“Then who was it?” I asked, feeling completely lost. Who else could’ve shown up to make Jamie feel so hesitant?

“You promise not to freak out?” she said.

“I promise,” I bit my lip.

“Justin…” she warned. “Don’t freak out.”

“I won’t!”

“I know you well enough, you know.”

“Then trust me when I say I won’t freak out,” I frowned.

The minute she sighed, I could already picture her rolling her eyes. “Whatever, I’ll just tell you anyway.”

“Okay,” my thoughts ran all over the place. “Who was it?”

“It was… Uh..” she paused, quiet static filling the lack of conversation between us. “Nathan… Nathan’s back.”

My heart stopped and I almost dropped my phone at the mention of his name. My jaw dropped and I froze, unable to believe what I was hearing.

“You’re kidding, right?”

“No..” she whispered quietly. “Sadly, this isn’t a joke.”

“Fucking shit,” I groaned, kicking the bag that rested on the floor. “This is just fucking unbelievable. Crap.”