This is a different story, it'll show up on my transcript that I am late, which doesn't happen that often.

"Quit pacing and just go to class then! Who cares if they write you're thirty minutes late for class?!" Joshua exclaimed.

"I'm skipping so I don't personally care. I didn't do Mr. Martin's homework anyway," Megan said with a shrug.

Great so I'll just be me and Calvin then going to class.

"But I was never thirty minutes late, though. At most I have five minutes late," I countered trying to find an excuse to my teacher as of why I was late with Calvin no less.

"Just skip like us then," Joshua looked calm as he stood there with his phone in his hand, scrolling through his Facebook. They clearly can't see how worked up I am. I don't want it to effect me getting into a good school. Oh my God if I don't then how am I going to take care of London?

Before I can even think of something, I saw Calvin coming toward me, basically dragging me to class.

"Are you guys going to the janitor's closet? Naughty naughty," Joshua joked earning him a glare from both of us. Megan only laughed shaking her head at us. We turned to the right hall and I curiously look at him.

"Where are we going to be exact?"

"Class, obviously. Where else?" He answered like it's the most obvious answer.

"But we're late! I don't have an excuse and people will stare," I told him as I try to break out of his hold but to no avail.

Calvin knocked on the door before opening it. Mr. Martin and every other student stared at us and I quickly pulled away from Calvin. People are used to Calvin being late but me, to be this late, is a different story.

"Calvin and Reina, how nice of you to join us. Mind telling me why you're late though?" Mr. Martin somewhat lowered his voice at this point, knowing that the question is to me in particular. Calvin is always late but me being late is totally different.

The students stared at us curiously, especially some of my friends that I somewhat talk to. I thank heaven Mr. Martin doesn't cause a scene by asking the last question loud enough for everyone to hear.

That would be hell.

"Um...."

"Reina was looking for me all morning because Joshua couldn't find me and they were worried that's why she was late. She even dragged me to class even though I just want to sleep," Calvin lied smoothly. 

I looked at him with wide eyes at his lie.

Oh my God what is he doing?

"So you're the reason she's late?" Mr. Martin looked at him in disappointment.

"Yeah, it's all me," Calvin said smoothly as we both took a seat in our assigned seats.

"If that's the case, then Reina, I'll excuse you this one time because never once were you late before. Don't do it again," Mr. Martin said. 

He looked a bit uncertain but goes with it anyways. 

I can't believe he just did that. For the next ten minutes, I can't focus on calculus at all. I am still hung up on what Calvin just did. He basically lied for me, even though it isn't his fault we were late, it's Megan's.

I finally can't take it and as soon as Mr. Martin is writing on the board again, I turned to him and whispered, "Why?"

He shrugged, "Well, I don't really care about being late or my absents. Since you seem so worked up about your tardiness, it's the least I can do for last night."