I rolled my eyes at her behind her back, and ripped the heels off of my feet. I massaged them gently, in an attempt to get the blood circulating again. “So why did you come over again?” I asked as she walked back into my room wearing plaid pajama pants and a baggy t-shirt.

“I felt like it,” was her creative response. “Now get changed, you have so much to answer.” I stood up and grabbed a pair of shorts and a tank top from my dresser. I slid the shorts on under my dress and, paranoid as I was, shut she shades before I shimmied the dress off and slid my tank top over my bra.

“Okay, let’s do something,” I decided as soon as I through my dress into a hamper.

“Are you seriously sleeping with your bra on?” Mickayla asked.

“Is that seriously what you’re thinking?” I retorted.

“You know that makes your boobs stop growing right?” ‘Where does she get all of these weird facts?’ I thought to myself before I voiced it out loud.

“Where do you get all of this stuff?”

“The internet,” she shrugged. “So, get Chase on the phone, I have a very important message for him.”

“Wha-, that um, won’t be necessary,” I stumbled; fully aware of what she had intended to do, as she had done so to every one of my previous boyfriends. Not to mention that she always, and I mean always, followed through on her word. “It’s Chase, Mickayla,” ‘and we aren’t actually dating,’ I added silently in my head.

“I’m just looking out for you, besides, he didn’t even invite me to the party tonight,” she reasoned.

“He invited you, you just couldn’t show,” I answered and rolled my eyes.

“True, I just thought it would make him sound bad if I said he didn’t invite me,” she smiled. “Now give me your phone.”

“Come on Mick, I don’t want you scaring him,” I protested, but she had already stolen my phone from my bed and started to scroll through my contacts. By the time I had gotten up to snatch the phone out of her hand, Chase had already picked up and the phone was on speaker.

“What the hell do you want Chas, I’m sleeping,” he groaned.

“It’s not Chas, and you better listen up, because I’m only going to say this once,” Mickayla smirked into the phone. “She’s my best friend, and even though you two will probably break up by next Tuesday, and will not end well, like not well at all, you better not hurt her in the process. Because if you break her heart and I need to buy ten gallons of ice cream, you will not only pay for it, but you will not be able to walk the next morning.”

“Mickayla!” I whisper-shouted.

“Look, I appreciate the warning, but it’s not necessary, now can I please get some sleep?” Chase groaned again.

“So long as you understand,” she said before hanging up. “All done, now you must be wiped out from that party, get some sleep.”

“Yes mom,” I said, rolling my eyes before I flopped onto my bed and fell into a dreamless sleep. Needless to say I woke up drenched. “Mickayla! What the hell was that for?”

“You wouldn’t wake up,” she shrugged. I glared at her and she held up her hands. “What? Breakfast with your dad was awkward!” When I turned over to go back to bed, she ripped the comforter off and leaned over me. “This glass is still half full,” she threatened. “Come on, we’re going shopping.”

“But Mickayla, I don’t want to,” I whined, hoping to score some sympathy votes.

“Deal with it bitch, I need new shoes,” she said as she dragged me up from the bed and pushed me towards my closet. “You’ve got five minutes.”