Chapter Thirteen

Continuation of Chapter 12 . . .

* * *

She had to choose between the twelve clans and Clarke. She had to choose between being a leader and being weak. She could only choose one, because being a weak leader wasn't an option.

Clarke's knees were still wobbly, but she could stand on her own. Feeling Lexa's arms disappear from her waist, she thought about what would happen next.

Was Lexa going to choose her? Was she going to choose being a leader? Or was she going to abandon both, Clarke and her people? She didn't know. But a bad feeling started to spread in her stomach as she made a last attempt to change Lexa's mind.

"Please" her voice was shaky. "Please don't make me leave." Their eyes locked and Lexa forced a caring smile on her lips "I won't."

Surprised by her answer, Clarke's jaw dropped. Lexa chose Clarke. Joy was ruling within her and a light smile ghosted on Clarke's lips.

So many questions popped up in her head, as well as so many other things she wanted to say, but she didn't want to rush anything. So she inhaled deeply and said with a smile on her lips "Okay."

For some reason, Lexa didn't look Clarke in the eyes, at least not as deeply as she used to, but Clarke ignored that. Lexa had already done more than Clarke expected.

Without saying another word, she observed Lexa stepping out of the tent they were in.

Clarke was happy. No doubt.

She was still standing in the tent, running her hand through her hair, tracing her braids.

It's going to be okay. It's all going to be okay.

That's all she thought. Maybe they were really meant to have a happy ending.
Hoping Lexa felt just as much relief  and joy as her, she sat down and got lost in her daydreams.

Outside, Lexa's expression hardened as soon as she stepped out of the tent. Her pulse was tripping, though it felt like her heart stopped beating.

Bellamy.
She had to find him. Unknowing of what she was going to do, she quickly rushed to the entrance of Polis, and walked past the well armed guards.

Her head snapped to left and right hectically. And then she saw him and someone walking next to him.

Hesitating for a short moment she narrowed her eyes, trying to make out their faces, but they weren't close enough. After another second of hesitating she decided to go after them.

Crunching the snow under their feet, Bellamy and Octavia walked casually beside each other.
Both of them slowed down and turned to look back at Polis.  They weren't far off.

As much as they wanted to leave this place, they both knew there were still some problems that needed to be solved.

Octavia stopped and exhaled loudly as she crossed her arms in front of her chest, trying to be in a comfortable position.
   She waited for her brother to make eye contact with her and said out of the blue "I still don't know why you're here."

Bellamy pressed his lips together and shook his head lightly as his thoughts snapped to Clarke.

"Doesn't matter."

He observed his sister raising an eyebrow and sighed. Sooner or later she would be that sassy little sister again, and annoy him so hard he wouldn't have a choice but to tell her.

At least that's what he hoped. He missed that part of her. The part that made him feel like Octavia was his baby sister, who he could protect.

   "I came to save Clarke."