Chapter Six

Everyone was silent except for Abby, whose sobs were echoing through the Camp. Someone immediately gave her a rag, which she pressed on the cut in Kane's throat. Her vision was blurry from the tears that streamed down her cheeks.

"Stay with me" she breathed in between sobs.

"Stay the hell with me!" She begged, as Kane started choking on his own blood.

Clarke mounted her horse and stared at her mother in shock. Why wasn't she doing anything?!
Her mother knew how to take care of something like that, but instead of putting on her Doctor expression, she knelt beside Kane, screaming as she drowned in her own tears, just like Kane drowned in his own blood.

Her body stiffened as Abby turned around to face Clarke. The hatred filled glare that her mother gave Clarke, broke her heart.

I cut too deep she thought and panic formed in the pit of her stomach.

Kane threw up blood as he desperately tried to breathe. But instead of filling his lungs with air, they were flooded with thick, warm blood.
Abby's hands weren't pressed on his throat anymore and she slowly lay down beside him.
She gave him a gentle kiss on the forehead and mumbled something in a calm tone, just like she used to on the Ark, after Clarke's father was floated and Clarke was at her worst.

"Abby!" Someone shouted. Clarke turned her head to the side and looked straight into Raven's tear filled eyes.
"What happened..?" She stumbled as her eyes snapped back and forth between a choking Kane, crying Abby and Clarke.

I'm sorry Clarke mouthed and looked at her mother. I'm so sorry.

Raven's jaw dropped as she realized what happened. Her glare met Clarke's guilty gaze and she instinctively raised the gun, that she always carried with her, since they returned from Mount Weather.

Now! Raven thought and placed her index finger on the trigger. She pressed her lips together and shot. But she hit neither Clarke, nor Lexa. Instead Echo had jumped in front of them and was now kneeling on the ground, her hand pressed on her left shoulder.

She writhed in pain. Echo had never been shot before. She had experienced worse than that, but it wasn't anything like she expected. The inside of her shoulder seemed to be on fire. All she wanted to do was to wrap herself in a layer of snow and stay there until the feeling of being burned alive vanished.

"Echo!" Nia screamed. She rushed over to her and cupped Echo's face in her hands.
"I'm okay" Echo said between clenched teeth. Nia's body was tensed up with concern. But concern quickly turned into anger and she turned to face Raven.
Nia was furious. Her eyes were wild and then she exploded. She seemed out of control, like a blizzard.

Lexa's eyes widened and she screamed "Stop, Nia!"

But it was too late. Nia had already taken a deep breath and shouted of the top of her lungs "Jomp emo op!" {Attack them all!}

As soon as the sound of Nia's voice reached the grounders ears, a herd of warriors galloped wildly towards them.
Their armor was clacking, but every noise drowned in their shouts.

Bellamy rushed over to Raven, who was stunned as she realized what she had done. He picked her up and fled inside, where he grabbed as many weapons as possible.

"I didn't mean to--" Raven stumbled, but was cut off by Bellamy's low growling voice "Stay in here."
Then he stormed outside, ready to defend his home.

The silent crowd of sky people outside had turned into a hectic chaos. High pitched screams forced their way out of the women's mouths and children, who were too young to understand what was happening, ran towards the gate, trying to get a glimpse of the wild herd of warriors, who were willing to end their lifes.