Las Vegas (7)

Violetta

It was everything everyone says it is. The lights, loud music, exotic people. It was "The Las Vegas" and I couldn't stop laughing at Harry's excitement.

"This is amazing! We are in Las Vegas!" His hair was wrapped in a headscarf, and with his long sleeve black shirt he seemed invisible in the dusk light.

As we drove in our new rented car the streets seemed to tell a story. Every person on the sidewalk was something new, every store was eccentric and riveting.

"It's breathe taking." I whispered, pushing my hand up against the cold window as if I was feeling the space. I also felt at home in the chaos, I was used to it.

The car lunged forehead as Harry took a sharp turn. I still don't know why I let him drive. Turning down another vibrant road I turned on the radio and hummed to the forgiving music.

Everything you want's a dream away
Under this pressure under this weight
We are diamonds

The song matched my soul. Here in this car, in this city I felt different and safe, but new... I felt so new.

Harry's hand reached for the stereo turning it louder, and louder with each click of the nob. His fingers pressed a button and soon enough the dark sky was all I saw, and the music surrounded me like the wind in my hair.

"Now I feel my heart beating. I feel my heart underneath my skin " He was screaming the words of the song, letting them rip through the air and touch every heart on the street. "Sing with me Violetta!" He was shouting over the traffic and the street noise, and the wind.

"Oh you make me feel. Like I'm alive again " He looked at the road, I looked at him. Our vocal cords shook and pulled as we screamed the lyrics, letting the truth of the words sink deep into our bodies and simmer in our blood.

The roof was down, my hair was flying, the music was blaring. It seemed like everyone on the Vegas strip were watching us thinking; Look at those crazy teenagers. But it was okay, because I felt alive, like the song I was breathing and grasping and holding onto Harry's hand.

I didn't even realize I had grab his hand until his lips grazed the back of it, peppering my skin with a kiss before we yelled out the lyrics.

"ALIVE AGAIN!" Our screaming was music to my ears and in this moment, the lights, the music, our voice and the wind all came together to form a symphony of life. I felt alive. It was something I hadn't experienced in a long time. And I reveled in it, down the Las Vegas strip.

_

"Harry we can't eat here." The car was parked across the street as we walked up to a very fancy restaurant.

"Sure we can!" He smiled. He hasn't let go of my hand and as I try to pull it away his finger only grip my skin tighter before giving me a a small smile.

"I'm wearing shorts, and a tank top, your wearing a long sleeve and TOMS." I couldn't help but laugh. The restaurant was furnished in all black and white. I could feel the arrogance of everyone around us, I could even feel the judgment from the piano player across the hall.

"You look stunning no matter what you wear." I don't think I'll ever not be surprised by how straight forward he is.

We walked to the front where a booth stood that lead to the open room. Chandeliers decorated the ceiling and around them was a mirror. As I looked up I could see how tired my eyes were, how frizzy and wild my hair looked. How could he find me stunning?

"Hello sir." Harry smiled. His smile could win over anyone.

"Um- hi." The seater was dressed in an all black tux. His beard was unappealing but his eyes were a nice light shade of brown that complimented his dark skin.