Chapter 33

Holy shit y'all. 7.1 reads?!?!? Wow. Also I didn't do this on the day but I am thankful for all of you. You are all incredibly special and I am so happy that you love my book and maybe it is a reprieve for you from life. Please enjoy this chapter and as a reminder there are only two chapters after this, but there will be a sequel surrounding their son Sam, and JJ Ackles. <3 I love you people. Keep on keeping on.

Chapter 33

Kai POV

Wow. When I looked around me, I couldn't believe where I was. As I looked around the room, the actors, directors, artists and just over all creatives that I saw, made me want to faint. I was sitting at the Academy Award Luncheon, where they announce the nominees. I was there because, you guessed it, I'm a nominee. When I first got the news I almost shit my pants. Stephen and I screamed, and I think the kids thought something was wrong. So now here I was, sitting with my Avengers cast, because that was the movie I was nominated for, and the butterflies were flying around in my stomach. I hadn't actually told anyone except Stephen about the nomination, so I knew they were going to be shocked.

As the announcer announced the person who was going to be reading the nominations, I got more freaked out. I was excited, actually because the person doing the announcing was Ming Na Wen, who I had the incredible opportunity to meet when she came and visited my set, when we were filming the movie. She read off the nominees and said, "And last, but never least, for Infinity Wars, Mrs. Kai Amell!" Cue shock and then whoops and hollers from the whole section. They all ran over and hugged me and I couldn't stop laughing. I smiled at them all and said, "All because of you." They shook their heads but I refused to take no for an answer.

——————

Its been several months since the nominations were announced and the night was finally here. We had all flown out to Hollywood, yeah, the whole family. They weren't all coming to the ceremonies with me, but they were watching from the hotel rooms with the kids. I was nervous as hell, but I was glad to have Stephen by my side. Also all of the Avengers cast and crew was with me so I felt like I had some family with me. We walked in and found our seats and once we were settled in, the host for the night came out and began their shpiel. We were chuckling as they went on, and when they finished, thats when the nerves really began to set in, even though we were hours away from the directors award.

Finally, after hours of waiting, they were at my category. I looked over to Stephen, gripped his hand and just prayed. It made matters worse that Alejandro Inniritu was presenting the award. He had directed several other films after Birdman and won several more awards. "I am honored to present this award tonight. Ladies and gentleman, here are the nominees."

After they were read off, he said, "And the Academy Award for Best Director goes to, Mrs. Kai Amell!"

At first I thought it was a joke, but when I saw everyone standing around me, I knew it was real. I stood slowly, and placed a serious kiss on Stephens lips. Gosh I loved him. As I walked up to collect my award, my hands were shaking. I go to the stage and shook hands with Alejandro, and stood at the mic. "Wow," I said, "I seriously can't believe this is happening. There are many people I want to thank, starting with all of the people at Marvel who trusted me with this script. They are truly wonderful people to work with and I love them. Also the cast of this film, all of you are fabulous. You are truly family and I will always love you. I have a long list of people who are sitting in their hotel room here, probably loosing their minds right now. I want to take the chance to thank them. The Padaleckis, The Ackles, The Haynes, David, Katie, Misha, Mark, Grant, Danielle, Carlos, Candice, Jesse, Tom, Rich, Rob, Matt, Kim, Brianna, Felicia, Jim, and Jeff. I'm sorry if I forgot people. I love you all. Also my kids, Sam, Cara, Darcy, Carson, and Emmerson, I love you so much and Mommy wants you to know that you can do anything that you set your mind to. Lastly I want to thank my fabulous husband. He has been my rock for so many years and I love him so very much. Thank you babe. And thanks to the Academy."

I walked off stage and was in a daze. I went through the press line for a while and when I saw Stephen waiting for me at the end of the carpet, I couldn't do anything but run into his waiting arms. Tears leaked from my eyes, and I was in shock. Behind him Kevin, Joss, and the whole cast was waiting. I hugged them all and I couldn't wait to see my family in the hotel. Stephen and I drove to the hotel and we were immediately greeted with the whole family standing there in the lobby with a bottle of champagne and hugs. I hugged each of them for a while and knew that my life probably couldn't and wouldn't get any better. I smiled at all of them and we all headed back upstairs so I could change and see my kids. I knew they were probably sleeping, but I wanted to kiss them. Wow, from a makeup artist to an Oscar winning director, wife, and mother, my life couldn't get any weirder or better.