Chapter 25

This is my last pre written chapter, so please expect updates to become slower. I will try and get another chapter up today, but I am really busy, so we'll see.

Chapter 25

Kai POV

My kids are a year old today! I can't believe how much everything has changed in my life since having them. They enrich my life in the most wonderful way and I could not be more grateful for them. Stephen and I are perfect and he has been nothing but amazing with the kids. He was the perfect father and he always let me know that he thought that I was the perfect mother. Since winning my Emmy, I have gotten calls from major studios asking for my directing on a project and I always said no. I knew that Joss still wanted to meet me and I had been holding off until my kids were born/ old enough because Marvel was my dream job. I had seen all of their movies and I was obsessed with all of them. I had gotten in touch with Joss recently actually, because I was finally ready to have that meeting. I had told him that we would need to meet in Vancouver, because I didn't want to leave my kids or Stephen for so long.

But today we were having the whole family over to celebrate their first birthday, and I was excited. We tried to get together as a whole as often as possible, but it didn't always work out and I missed everyone being together.

TIME SKIP

It been about a week since the birthday and I was going to meet JOSS WHEDON today! I was freaking out. I left the house today a nervous wreck and when I pulled into the coffee shop that we had agreed on, I couldn't stop shaking. I grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down. I was thinking and overthinking and when I noticed him come in I stood up, so he would see me. He smiled my way and grabbed his own cup of coffee. He came and sat down across from me and I couldn't stop freaking out.

"Hi," he said to me.

"Hi," I said quietly.

"You seem to be nervous," he told me.

"I am," I replied, honestly.

"No need. I am here to have a simple meeting with you about the possibility of directing. No need for commitment here, but I did want to talk with you about some projects for the MCU."

"I know there's no need, but I still am. I have been a fan since Iron Man, so to have you here makes me very nervous," I told him earnestly.

"Well, thank you, but we are here for a reason. We are just finishing up Cap 3 and we start production on Thor soon, so we need to start looking into Infinity Wars. I have a rough copy of the script that I have written, and I was wondering if you would read it and let me know."

"Okay. If I did say yes, is there a way we could film the whole thing in Vancouver, so I can stay close to my family? I need them near and my kids are still little," I asked.

"Yeah. You're the director, so you get to choose locations for things," he told me.

"Okay. Let me read over this and I will be in touch with you. Is that okay?"

"That's fine with me. It was nice to meet you Kai," he told me.

"You too, Joss."

LATER

It's been about two weeks since I got the script and I read it in one day. I couldn't get enough of it and poor Stephen had to take the kids. After I read it, I talked for a long time with Stephen about directing it, and he always told me I should. I talked also with Jensen and Misha and they both said I should as well. I couldn't find any reason not to, but something kept holding me back. I couldn't place my finger on what it was, but it was something no doubt. Maybe I didn't want to leave Arrow for so long. Arrow had become my home and I didn't want to leave that family for a new one. I decided to call Andrew and Marc up about a week ago and when they gave me their blessing, I felt better but there was still something holding me back. That's when I decided to call Papa Jeff.

I explained what was going on and he told me that I needed to do what my heart was telling me, and that everything else I was worrying about would fall into place. I still had concerns, but finally I was willing to listen to my heart and tell them yes. Today I had a meeting with Joss and Kevin Feige, via Skype, and I was excited. I told them both yes and they were both excited. They told me that they would be flying up to Vancouver so we could find locations and do some pre-production stuff. I was so excited to be doing this, and I couldn't believe that I was going to be directing an Avengers movie. Holy cow, my life was about to get a whole lot crazier.