Chapter 18

I know I said I wouldn't be posting until tomorrow, but I changed my mind. Here is a new chapter. I may post another one later. :) We'll see.

Chapter 18

Kai POV

We were finally back from hiatus and we were starting to film Flarrow-Natural. I was so excited to see everyone, and work with them. We still hadn't told any of them about the pregnancy yet, but we wanted to see how long it would take to notice. I wasn't showing yet, but I think Stephen and I were making it really obvious. My hand was constantly on my stomach and he was spending more time around me, just to make sure I was safe.

We were told to meet at the Arrow stage this morning, so we drove to set as we usually do, and when we arrived, there were about triple the cars there usually were and I couldn't stop smiling. We exited our car and headed over to the stage, where we were going to have a big table read and meeting. Stephen and I arrived and I think we were the last there. We walked in and hugs were passed around. I was hugging people different than I usually did, and I think they noticed. I was hugging them with one arm and the other was always on my stomach. I finally found my chair and there was a large binder sitting there with the script in it.

I smiled at the script and looked around. I felt a tap on my shoulder and Andrew was standing there. I smiled and said, "Hey! Thank you so much for this."

"I didn't do anything. Thank the fans. Anyways, the reason I am here is that Greg, Marc, Jeremy, Eric and myself were talking, and because this idea was yours, we were wondering how you would feel about directing it."

My jaw fell open in shock and I said, "Let me talk it over with Stephen?"

"Of course. Also, so you know, there are a bunch of people that have done this, and they are all going to be behind you. Plus, Bob Singer, and all of the Arrow and Flash directors are going to be here for you should you need anything," he reassured me.

I nodded and he walked away. I looked around the table and my eyes found Stephen's. I gestured for him to come over to me and I said, "So Andrew just asked me how I would feel about directing this."

His jaw fell open the same way mine did and he replied, "Did you say yes?"

"I said I needed to talk to you."

He sighed and said, "Kai, this whole thing was your idea from the beginning. It would be a disservice to everyone if you didn't direct it. But you need to do what your heart is telling you."

I nodded at him and told him to go back to his seat. I stood up, grabbed my binder and walked over to the "bosses." I grabbed all of them and we huddled together. I said one word to them, and their faces lit up. I smiled and stood where I was and they walked back. Andrew stood up at the head and everyone quieted.

"Alright, so you all know why you are here. Kai had a crazy idea and here we are over a year later, making it happen. Greg, Marc, Jeremy, Eric, and myself were discussing it, and we thought about what a disservice to the idea it would be if she didn't have some creative control. So we asked her this morning, and we are so thankful she said yes. Please give a round of applause for your director, Mrs. Kai Amell."

I grinned as I walked over and tears were threatening to spill from my eyes. They were all standing and applauding for me and I couldn't handle it. Stupid hormones. I gestured for them all to sit down, and they did so. I took a deep breath and began to speak, "Hi. So I haven't done this ever, so please forgive me. Before we get into the read and everything I want to thank you all for being so incredible. You have all become my family and I could not be more grateful to you guys. Also I want everyone to remember, that this started as an idea that might make fandoms explode. I want it to end that way too. I have a feeling days are going to be very long, and tensions might run high. Lets remember that this is for the fans. Alright lets do this thing people."

Everyone smiled and opened to page one. We read through the script and it went really well. I got more and more excited as we read through, and when we were finally finished I said, "Okay, does anyone have anything to add, before y'all leave and I have my million more meetings?"

Jensen raised his hand and said, "Something is different with you. What's up?"

I looked over at Stephen and he nodded slightly. I laughed and replied, "Well, Jensen gets the most observant award. Something is different. I'm pregnant."

Jaws fell open and then everyone ran over to give me and Stephen hugs and I was filled with love and affection. "Okay, now that that's all done, shoo. I have meetings. Also can Jensen and Misha stay back for a minute?"

Everyone left the room, except the department heads, Stephen, Jensen, Misha, and the bosses. I looked over to Jensen and Misha and said, "So I have you behind me?"

They both nodded and I said, "Okay, but you might get calls from me at three in the morning." They both laughed and headed out. I grabbed Stephen's hand and all of us sat around the table and went through the script page by page and worked out some of the kinks and issues that we saw happening. I knew I was going to have to have a longer meeting with the makeup department as a whole and the stunt people. This thing was so huge, we wanted to combine crews and use all of the resources we had for this. This was going to be incredible.