Chapter 20

I love this chapter so much. :) I can't tell why, but I love it. Enjoy!

Chapter 20

Kai POV

It was our last day of principle photography for Flarrow-Natural, and I was sad, to be honest. I had grown to love being on set with this amazing family and it was going to be hard to say goodbye. The people I had met during this time were going to be people that I held close to my heart forever. And they were always going to be in Stephen's life and mine. Speaking of which, I had my two-month OBG/YN appointment two weeks before this and everything was okay. All three of my babies were perfectly healthy and happy. The doctor said that they were a bit small for the month, but she said that it was normal in triplets. I also explained to her that over the past month I had a lot of late nights working, so we could get this crossover done. I also explained that I was going to take some time off after we were done and Stephen agreed.

I actually was going to talk to Andrew and Marc today and make sure the makeup team could handle it if I left. I was standing on set today, looking around at the thing we had made and I couldn't help but start crying. I tried to hold it in until I was alone, but I just couldn't. I think it was Jensen, who noticed first, and he ran over and wrapped me up in his arms and I just sobbed; and I mean ugly sobs. Not the quiet, soft ones, the loud, everyone can hear them type. I think everyone did hear them, because I felt another body latch onto mine and when I looked to see who is was, I smiled at Stephen. I continued to cry, and sooner than I had expected all of the principle and guest actors had me wrapped in a big group hug.

We all untangled and I said, "Thanks. These stupid hormones, man. I didn't mean to get that emotional, but I just can't believe that I won't see y'all on set everyday. I have had the best time being your director and all of you mean the world to me."

"Well the same goes for you. We love you so much and were so thrilled that you took on this huge project. We weren't planning on giving you this until you called the last shot, but I think you need it now," said Jensen.

I sat down in my chair and a soft package was placed in front of me. I carefully opened the wrapping and when I saw what it was, I laughed out loud. It was a black T-shirt and on the front it read, I directed the casts from Arrow, The Flash, and Supernatural, while pregnant and all I got was this t-shirt. On the back in tiny writing were all of the crew people and actors who worked on this. I smiled and said, "You guys. I am going to start crying again." I smiled and continued, "Babe? Can you do me a favor?"

Stephen replied, "Anything."

"Go to the makeup trailer and on the top shelf closest to the door is a medium sized box. Bring it to me?"

"Of course," he replied and ran off to get the box. I had gotten everyone a present from me because I was so enthralled with the idea that they would trust me like this. He came back with my box, placed it in my lap and I asked, "Is there a way we could get everyone here right now? I need to have my shpiel." I got some chuckles and I was handed a mic and everyone slowly trickled into the large space we were in.

I grinned at the family that was standing before me and I began to speak, "Okay, here goes. I was saving this for when I called the final shot, but as I have already cried once today, I don't want to do it again, so here we go. When I walked onto the sound stage four weeks ago, I had no idea that four weeks later I would be your director and I would be sitting here crying my eyeballs out because this has been the most amazing experience of my life and I never want it to end. I expected to just be the head of makeup, working with the other heads to get shit done. Then Andrew, Greg, Mark, Jeremy, and Eric somehow had enough faith in me to let me have control. The past four weeks have not been easy let me tell you. Stephen can vouch for me when I say that most nights have been spent lying awake thinking about my shots for the next day and worrying about how much time I had. I would worry every night, and then somehow, when I would come into work, my worries would disappear. I have a feeling it was because all of you are so trusting in me and want to make me happy. Thank you. Special thank you to Stephen, who has been dealing with my crazy and pregnant head for the past month. Also special thank you to all of the directors who have been on set for the past month, guiding me and letting me know when I was doing something right and more often when I was doing something wrong. All of the crews thank you. Without you, my life, and their lives," I gestured to the actors, "Would be infinitely harder. Now my actors, here come the tears, I love all of you. All of you who have been here only for the past two weeks I need to tell you how happy I am that you are here. I laid awake for many nights worrying about whether you would all say yes. When I got phone calls from all of you saying yes, I think I may have fainted. I don't remember. Anyways, I love you. Now my principle actors," by this point tears were free flowing down my cheeks, "I have known all of you for over a year, and you are my family. My babies are going to have so many aunties and uncles I don't think Stephen and I are going to be able to keep it straight. Some of you are going to be actual family," I made eye contact with Jared, "And the rest of you are my family no matter how far away you are. I love you. So, now the present: I designed a pin for this thing. It has the anti-possession symbol for Supernatural, the arrowhead for Arrow, and the lighting bolt for The Flash. I ordered plenty, so please everyone take one, and maybe when we have the premiere party we can all wear them. Okay, that's all. Love you. Oh! Also, to the Arrow cast and crew people, I will not be on set for the next week, because my doctor is requiring me to take off work. I love you, and after today I will see you all in a week. Makeup department, if I find a messy trailer, you will be dealing with an almost three-month pregnant woman full of wrath." Everyone laughed, but I was being serious.

LATER

It was the last shot of the day and it was just how I wanted it. Stephen, Emily, Colton, David, Willa, Grant, Danielle, Carlos, Jared, and Jensen were all sitting around some tables at Verdant and the camera was pulling away as they all sipped their drink of choice. As it pulled away, they got the shot, stopped recording and I called, "Cut!" I sat down in my chair and broke down in tears, again. Everyone was cheering and when Stephen came over to hug me and say congrats, his expression fell when he found me sobbing. He ran over and he wrapped me in his arms and I continued to sob. Gosh my damn hormones were all over the place. He unraveled his arms from mine and soon I was in someone else's arms. I looked up and it was Jeff. That made the tears come harder, if that was possible. He whispered to me, "Hey, I know this is hard for you, but I have a little surprise, okay?" I looked up, smiled weakly and nodded.

He helped me up and we walked outside to find everyone there holding a banner that said, "We love you Kai!" I began crying again, this time tears of joy. I pulled out my phone and took a picture before anyone had the chance to move. I was then handed a sheet of paper with several phone numbers on it. I looked at Jeff confused and he said, "All of our numbers in case you miss us." I smiled and looked around at my amazing family and just sighed, knowing that I would be okay.