Chapter 2

Chapter 2

After I finished Stephen's makeup, I asked, "In about 15 minutes can you send in Paul, John, Willa, Brandon, and Matt in? Oh, and can you come with them?"

He smiled and said, "Sure. I'll be back in fifteen."

I smiled back and he left the trailer. Again I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, as I ran around to gather the makeup I needed for the people coming in. I set them up the same way I did the last five but now at the far left was Paul, then John, then Willa, then Brandon, and then Matt. I put names on mirrors, and I smiled at how organized and amazing this trailer was going to be when I was done with it. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Stephen popped his head in and said, "You ready?"

I smiled and said, "Yeah. Tell them what Emily told you guys and then let them in."

He nodded and then the door opened and the five of them all walked in. About twenty-five minutes later, I was done with all of them and I had the trailer to myself, so I could begin organizing. I first cleared all of the counters of the things that were on them. Hair supplies, wigs, prosthetics, whatever. It all ended up at the station on the end, so I could clean the trailer really well. I sprayed every surface with a disinfecting Windex, and then wiped it down with a dirty hair towel. Once it was clean to my liking I began sorting through the stuff that was there, organizing it based on the actor. Every actor had a pile. Stephen's seemed to be the smallest, and Willa's was the biggest. I chuckled at that and then looked around to see if there was some sort of drawer system so I could put every actor's makeup in one. I found a dusty set of drawers that was filled with all sorts of prop blood and such.

Out of nowhere there was a knock at the door and I shouted, "Come in!"

The door opened to reveal Emily and Stephen, who were probably shocked to find me emptying the fake blood drawers, but Emily said, "You want lunch? We can take you to the tent so you can eat and meet the rest of the crew." I hopped up, wiped some dust from my hands, grabbed my sweater and said, "Lead the way."

The three of us walked to the tent and there were hundreds of people meandering, cast, crew, EP's, you name it, they were there. All of a sudden, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim walked up to me, and I almost fainted. Andrew said, "You're the makeup person, right?" I nodded hesitantly.

They both smiled and Marc said, "We just wanted to welcome you and say thanks because we have never had our cast out of the makeup trailer faster than when they were with you."

I blushed and said, "My pleasure. Working in fashion has its advantages." I gave them a smile and they walked away. I went over to get lunch, and after I ate, I returned to my safe haven. I walked in, the trailer no longer smelling of Windex, and got right back to the blood drawers. I emptied the drawers and then wiped down the chest and put the makeup for each actor in order of importance. Stephen, Emily, David, Colton, Katie, Willa, John, Paul, Brandon, and Matt. I looked around the trailer and realized that I had no space anywhere for stuff. I looked at the high shelves that had the heads for wigs, and some other random stuff. I grabbed a sturdy chair and went up to grab all of the stuff from up there so I could sort it.

When I finally got through the stuff that was up there, the stuff that I wanted to get rid of took up the whole floor of the trailer. I had made a little path for myself, but I needed someone's help clearing it out, but I also knew I had to ask Andrew and Marc for permission. I looked around and found no way in the trailer to contact them. I sighed and walked my little path, worrying about getting lost.

I made my way out of the trailer and tried to find my way to set, but somehow I managed to get lost and ran right into Stephen. He laughed out loud and I reddened. He looked at me and said, "So what do you need?"