Chapter 1

Riley's P.O.V

I open my eyes. Today I start at another school. Got in little trouble in my last one. It wasn't anything major. I got into an argument with a girl who kept bullying me. That and My Mom decided to move to New York because of my mom's job. We moved in all the way yesterday. My dad died in a car crash because of a dumb teenager. It wasn't pretty in the end.

I don't know what to wear for my first day of my new school. Oh I also have a little brother named Auggie. He's 10. He grow too fast in my eyes. I look through my closet and find it. It's, A Rhinestone Strawberry Tank, Macaroon Vest , Sweater-Patch Jeans with black boots. I get in the shower and then get dressed. I brush my teeth and get to my hair. I put it in light bouncy curls and then do makeup. After that I grab my black leather backpack.

"Riley! Auggie! Breakfast!" My mother shouts from the kitchen. I walk out setting my backpack on the couch. I sit at the table. "Auggie!" She shouts again while putting my chocolate chip pancakes in front of me. "I'm here." My mom jumps because he was right behind her.

She sighs. "Don't scare me like that." He smiles and sits and eat his pancakes. "Riley you have to take the subway today. I'm gonna be late" I nod understanding. "What about Auggie?" I ask. "Yeah what about me?" He crosses his arms. I smile. "Your school is only a 3 minute drive so I will be dropping you off." We nod.

I look at the time. I'm gonna be late! "I gotta go" I grab my phone and backpack. "Bye mom thanks for breakfast! Love you!"

"Love-" I what I hear after I close the door. Okay the bus leaves at 7:15 and it's I check the time 6:45. I run as fast as I can. I slide under a thing of wood that two man were carrying. I jump over a bench (that really shouldn't be there) and land in a duck and roll. Didn't know I could do that. I shake it off and get to the subway just on time. I get on the train. I turn and see a blond with blue eyes drawing.

She has on jeans, a tasseled self-tie peasant with ankle boots. I walk up to her holding on to the handles and sit next to her. She looks up at me. "Hi I'm Riley" She smiles. "Maya" I smile. We sit there and talk about random things connecting easily. When we get out of the substation. She puts on glasses and stands in the shade. "You okay?" I ask. She nods.

"Yeah the sun just bothers me." I nod. We talk till we get to school. "I have to go to the office." I state she nods and shows where it is and then leaves to her class. I go to the office and look for my home room. I find it in like 10 minutes cause of how big this High School is. I open the door looking down and close it behind me. I walk to the teacher. "Ms. Matthews. Got your-" I cut him off.

"Yep. Where do I sit?" I ask after giving him the papers. I put my schedule in my backpack. "Anywhere you want." I nod. I turn and then realize that everyone was looking at me. "Ah. Come here I got a seat for yea." A boy with slick black hair says. "Mr. Gardener-"

"No it's okay. No thank you Mr. Gardener " I sit next to Maya. She sits in the 3rd row. "Hey girly" She says. The lights are kinda dim back here. I look behind Maya and see a dirty blond with green eyes. He has on jeans, converse, black button up. He's kinda cute. I focus my attention back on the teacher. I feel staring. I move my eyes to my right but he was looking out the window. I turn to me left and The Gardener guy was staring at me really mad. I focus back. Then I feel staring again but it came from Green eyes.

I get started on the little assignment. I finish It when the bell rings. "Zay show her to her classes." A black guy wearing a red shirt and checkered red and black flannel with jeans and clack convers nods. "Come on pretty lady." I smile and follow.

"Okay your first class you take that hallway and take a left. From there you go up the stairs at the end of the hallway and take a right and that's your second class. I'll tell you the rest later. Bye?"

"Riley" I say. "Bye Riley" We shake hands and then I go to my class I feel following. I look behind me and see a bunch of students but nun really following me. I quickly go to my class and sit down next to a guy with a light blue N.A.S.A shirt with a black jack on and blue jeans and black converse. "Hello I'm Farkle" I shake his hand. "Riley." He gets off the desk after the bell rings. At least I have people to talk to.

Skip to lunch

I get my plate not knowing where to sit. "RILEY!" I hear. I turn and see Maya sitting with green eyes. What I don't know his name. I go and sit. Turns out they also know Farkle and Zay. "So Riley where you move from?"

"I moved from Washington. Yeah my mom had a job offer and couldn't resists." I say drinking my juice. "What about your dad" I stop. I put my juice down and swallow what's in my mouth and look down. "My father's dead. He um... died in a car crash."

"Oh I'm sorry." I look up and see green eyes looking at me with pity and sorrow. "We're you guys close?" He ask. I nod. "Yeah?"

"OH I'm Lucas" I nod. "Lucas. We were close. Very close and yeah." I look down. Maya rubs my back. "I'll be right back. I just um need to use the bathroom." I get up walk away.