Honey

Tris's pov
I walk up to his door and without thinking i just walk in. I dont
know why i did. Just out of habit i guess. "Yeah sure you can come in." He says with a bit of a smirk on his face. It looked fake but at least he was kind of trying. "Oh... Uh... Sorry. Force of habit i guess." I day stuttering. I don't know why I'm so shocked my mind just doesn't seem to comprehend the scene. "You can sit down you know." He says with a look that should be familiar but i cant figure out what kind of look it is. I don't say anything just move towards the couch as he does. "So um... Your back." I say not really sure what else to say. I mean what do you say to your ex who left for almost a year and is finally making his way home? "Please don't try small talk Tris you know it was never a strong suite of yours. You try to be nonchalant but it always comes out sounding awkward. Its how i always managed to find out when something was bothering you." He says with a smile that could never be big enough to mask the pain in his eyes. "You were always good at that weren't you? Being there when i needed you and just somehow always knowing when to be there. That is until you left and left me with no one." I say feeling angrier and angrier as the words left my mouth. It was as if the filter between my brain and my mouth was out if order and i was finally getting to say how i feel. "There's the Tris i know." He says and for a second i just think hes being nice but before i get enough time to wonder why or how hes being so calm he continues. " The Tris i know always ready to blame me for everything that goes wrong. Well guess what im not taking the blame this time. I am not taking the blame for you cheating on me Tris this is not happening."
/////////////////////////////////////
Tobias's Pov
I didnt realize i was screaming until ny throat was so soar it felt like it should be bleeding. I didnt realize how close id gotten to Tris until i saw my spit on her face. I sat there and screamed in her face and all she did was cower on the couch. She looks terrified. I dont know what shes been through but it isnt good. Shes shaking like a chihuahua and tears are starting to fall over the brims of her eyelids. She doesnt seem to realize the tear until i whip it away from her face.
"Tris? Tris im so sorry. I didnt mean to... I didnt realize i was.... She looks at me and starts balling. Instinctively i wrap my arms around her. She cried into my chest and there i am rubbing her back and whispering in her ear. I think i need to go see a shrink because something is obviously wrong with me. Ive never met and man who has been cheated on, and put through the hell i have been put through and still wanted the woman but i do i want Tris and i want to be with Tris. As much as i wish i didn't i love Tris.
"Honey are you okay?" I ask her for like the 4th time. Yes this whole time i haven't just been whispering and comforting her, I've been doing it with names like honey, baby, and princess. Im serious about that shrink. " Yeah im fine." She says pulling away from me. "Sorry." She says. What for im not sure. I dont ask either. "No im sorry. I crossed way over the line. I should never yell at you like that. Especially not as close to you as i was." I say apologizing yet again. "Its okay." She says and looks away.
"Now i promise I'll stay calm this time but i need to know what happened that day. I just keep replaying it in my head and i dont know what i did wrong to deserve that. I tried to give you everything. Please just tell me what i did wrong. What made you do that to me?" I ask her sounding like begging more than anything else.