Fours Past

Previously on Trust is Earned:
Your right im here to protect you and that is what im always gonna do. You told me your back story now i think its only fair that i tell you mine.
You only have to tell me if you want to.
I do want to. I trust you and i want you to be the first one i tell.
Ok baby im here for you.
When i was about six my father started beating me.
Oh my god! Baby im so sorry.
No interruptions please. She zips her lips closed and throws away the key. Anyways thats when he started beating me but he had beaten my mom since i can remember. One day he found out she was cheating on him. I dont know how she managed to keep it a secret for three years but she did. I was about eight at the time. I walked in from school and found her on the floor. He had beaten senseless and left her there to die. She had whip lashes all over her body and a gash on her head that wouldnt stop bleeding. I ran to find help but no one would give me the time if day. So when i came back she was dead. I called 911 and they ruled it as a robbery. I kind of blame myself though. I was panicking and didnt think to call 911 before she died.
Honey i dont know what to say.
Nothing because im not done yet. She nods her head. The whipping only got worse after. It would be so painful i would pass out most of the time because i couldnt take it in a conscious state. When i went to school kids teased me about how i would never lay in the grass and look in the clouds with them or even lay my back against the chair. They called me Four because they said i was stiff as a 4x4 board. It stopped bothering me after a while and i started to slowly let go of Tobias, my real name, and became Four. When my dad went to prison for homicide i let go if Tobias all together. I didnt want that name because it was linked to him. The cruel man that beat me and killed my mother but got away with it. There im done.
If he got away with killing your mom how did he get charged with homicide?
He killed some guy that owed him money or something.
Oh.
Tris?
Yes Four?
Why arent you looking at me like im some kicked puppy or something?
Because your not. And he wasnt. He is a strong brave man who endured that for years. I just heard about my parents death he saw it.
Well you cant tell anyone about this because they dont all see it that way.
I promise not a word to anyone Tobias.
I like when you call me that. Its nice to hear the name i have pushed away for so many years.
Can i ask a question?
No.
Why?
Im just kidding of course you can.
Im not sure that i want to now.
Come on just ask me.
Nope.
Please!
Whats it worth to ya?
I'll give you a kiss.
Ummmmm deal. We kiss then I proceed to my question. When did you dad go to prison?
About 3 years ago.
So you've been alone since you were fourteen?
No I've been alone since I was eight. Just because my dad lived with me doesnt mean i want alone.
Well either way you will never be alone again because you have me.
And you have me. I love you baby.
I love you so sweetie. Then we spend the rest of the time curled up on a blanket watching the stars. It was the most i had smiled my entire life. God i love this man.
Hey yall its me. Just wanted to say sorry for the short chap. I probably wont update tomorrow because im going to sea world then a concert but i will before i start school in 4 days. Im so sad my summer is over 😭 This means less time to write but oh well I'll make it work. Thank you for all the new followers and beautiful comments. They make my day. Luv yall 😍 😘