Chapter 23

So theres a new character being introduced, and this is her! I know its technically Morgana from Merlin, but she is just so beautiful I had to use her! Enjoy!

Falling through the void of darkness, my heart was pounding in my chest. I tried to grab a hold of something to stop myself, but there was nothing. All at once my body hit the cold, hard ground of a planet covered in ice. Picking myself up, I looked around at the barren landscape. The ground cracked and shifted slightly as my weight shifted from foot to foot.

"Hello?" My voice rang throughout the land, its echo bouncing off unseen objects.

"There's no need to shout my little snowflake, I'm right here." Said a familiar voice from behind me. My head whipped around to see a sight that I hadn't laid my eyes upon in many years. The lady's long, raven black hair cascaded down over her shoulders and came to a stop at her hips. She wore a long black gown that had become tattered at the bottom, like she had been walking in it for years. Although she had a mature face, it was still beautiful and youthful looking. My breath hitched in my throat as I took the sight in.

"Mother?" I asked my voice barely above a whisper yet, it seemed to echo around us. She nodded and gave me a warm smile. "What are you doing here? How did you get here?"

She let out a small laugh and shook her head. "Skadi, those things aren't important." She said, taking a step closer to me. "What is important is that I am here now." She added, before wrapping me in tight hug.

I paused for a moment before hugging her back, my head resting on the crook of her neck as I savored the embrace. Breaking apart, she stepped away from me, but she kept one hand one my shoulder. Her expression changed from a sweet smile to a scheming glare. The sky grew dark, and a cold wind began to blow. Her eyes where overcome with the darkest black and her nails grew into claws. They sharp claws dug into my shoulder causing me to try and shift away from the pain. But the more I squirmed, the further they sunk in.

"You know Skadi, you're playing for the wrong side." She said maliciously. She raised her other hand and clicked her fingers, as soon as the sound rung out, Loki appeared beside her. He wore chains around his wrist and ankles. He looked exhausted and he had blood dripping from a cut above his eye.

"Loki? What did you do to him?" I tried to yell, but no sound came out.

"I thought Loki would convince you to join us but no worry, he proved to be a useful servant." She laughed a terrifying laugh. I tried to yell again and run to Loki's side. But I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe.

"Come and join us Skadi, come and make us a family again." She said, before the ground cracked open and I fell down into the darkness once more.

I sat up quickly and began gulping for air. I was drenched in sweat and my sheets had ended up on the floor. I sat still for a moment, trying to return my breathing to normal. Standing up, I slowly waddled into the small bathroom. Quickly stripping from my sweat soaked clothes and jumping to the warm shower, as I closed my eyes, the images of the dream returned. My mother's malicious laugh rung in my ears, the sound of the shower unable to block it out. I looked down at my still bruised body. They had almost all disappeared, except the slight yellowish tinge that remained as a reminder of something I couldn't even remember.

Something caught my eye, something small that was wrapped around my wrist. It was a hair. A long, black piece of hair.

"Oh shit." I mumbled to myself as I struggled to turn off the water.

I abandoned the shower and hurried back into the small room. I looked at the clock on the wall, eight pm it read. Opening the draw of a small cabinet, I found black sports clothes. Sliding into the soft material, I pulled on some running shoes and then put my black jacket over the top. Although the room was a nice temperature, the jacket had become more of a comfort blanket than something to help me stay warm. Besides, it's not like the cold has every really bothered me.

I walked briskly down the hall towards the room we had come from that morning. It was empty. Continuing on, the windows of an impressive looking lab came into view. I could see the fiery red hair of Agent Romanoff as she talked to the man in the AC/DC shirt who was working on something; Steve leaned against the back wall, listening intently.

The noise of the door opening signaled my arrival, causing the two to stop their conversation and all to face me.

"I know who it is." I stated bluntly. "I know who Loki is working for and I know who has the soul stone."

"How?" asked the man in the AC/DC shirt. I honestly thought the first question was going to be 'who?', so I was actually caught a little off guard.

"It's kind of hard to explain..." I admitted slowly.

"Well come on then, give it your best shot. We've only got to the next alien invasion." He snapped.

"Stark!" barked Steve, sending him a warning glare.

"I'm sorry Captain, but I would like to know how every time this girl shows up, the world seems to fall back into chaos." He yelled back. "I know she helped save it, but honestly, she is doing more damage than good."

This time everyone remained quiet. Even though I have no idea what I've done, I couldn't help feel like he was right.

"Fine." I said, standing up straight and pulling my shoulders back. "If you don't want my help, that's up to you." I hissed at him.

I turned to leave, but Natasha moved in front of the door. "Tony, rein it in." She snapped at him. "You're not going anywhere." She said to me. "Fury you might want to hear this." She said to no one in particular as she touched the piece in her ear.

No more than thirty seconds later Nick Fury walked in, followed by Coulson and Barton.

"Alright, what is it?" He asked.

I froze for a moment, seriously considering my options. I could tell them who it is and be responsible to help them, or I could hopefully lie and get away with it and go see my mother. I know she wanted to see me, why else would she have been in my dream? But why did it turn into a nightmare?

The sound of a water droplet interrupted my thoughts. Looking down I saw the red drop as vibrant as ever against the white tiles. Lifting up my hand, I could see the line of red running into my jacket. Everyone else seemed to notice because they stood up and looked weary of me.

I slowly slid off the jacket and watched more of the red liquid on my arm come into view. Examining my shoulder, I could see five puncture wounds in my skin, all dripping the dark liquid down my arm and onto the floor.

Nobody had moved, but everyone either looked confused or shocked by the sudden situation. Ignoring the looks I was receiving, I sent ice over the wound, stopping the bleeding. Then at once, I knew it wasn't a dream.

"The person, who has the infinity stone and Loki, is my mother." I admitted without remorse.

"Your mother?" Asked Steve.

"Yes, my mother. Hel."