Chapter 21

The Asgardian City was grand in every way. Walking through the extravagant hall ways, we stopped at a room with heavy wooden doors that opened surprisingly easily.

"Skadi, you can refresh yourself in here." Said Thor, "Once you are ready to return to us, just tell one of the maids and she will show you where to go."

I thanked him, and wandered into the room before the wooden doors silently closed behind me. A balcony lay on the other side, displaying the most beautiful view of the city and all its glory. To one side of the room, there was a golden tub the size of a small car. Hearing footsteps, I turned to see two young women walking through with expensive looking jugs in hand. Pouring a sweet smelling, lilac colored liquid into the tub. I stripped naked and sunk into the warm and relaxing liquid. Thanking the women, and watched them curtsy slightly before moving to other jobs. One laid out a beautiful pale blue dress with a metal golden corset like belt, while the other picked up my grey pajamas, jacket, and boots.

"What are you going to do with those?" I quickly asked, before she could walk away.

"To be thrown away, you wont need them anymore miss." She replied with formality and poise.

"Could you please leave the jacket?" I asked quietly. She hesitated for a moment, before nodding and laying the jacket beside the dress and scurrying out of the room.

I sighed, and sunk further into the bath. It took a while before the water grew cold and my fingers wrinkled, but I didn't want to move. Until i finally saw the sun getting low in the sky and my stomach began growling. Carefully getting out of the tub, I dried myself with the softest towel I have ever felt before sliding into the silk dress. Suddenly, the door opened behind me, and a guard quickly walked in and shut the door behind himself.

"Excuse me? Can I help you?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

"Skadi," began the guard as he took of his helmet. The unfamiliar face changed to Loki's. I rolled my eyes and turned back to the mirror before I began struggling with my belt. Loki walked up behind me and gently moved my hands away before fastening the belt. He kept his hands on my waist as I turned to face him.

"Thank you." I whispered, not daring to make eye contact. He gave a small nod before turning away and picking up the jacket. He froze for a moment, staring the jacket before handing it to me. Sliding it on over the dress, I waited for him to speak.

"I wanted to see if you had remembered anything." He said, his voice calm and low.

"I'm sorry Loki, but I don't remember anything yet." I told him, his face dropping slightly. I remembered i was supposed to be mad at him, but I was too hungry to care right now. "Aren't you supposed to be off breaking some rules or something?" I said, trying to change the subject.

He smirked. "I'm waiting until nightfall." He admitted as if it was an obvious reason. "Darkness is always a useful ally." He added.

"Yes, and I'm sure you are in desperate need for some of those." I retorted, he laughed lightly.

"It's not my fault people can't see my point of view."

"Well maybe if you didn't drag them through portals, you wouldn't have such a hard time making friends." I chuckled.

"Well, it seemed to work with you the first time." He said. I laughed, and he seemed confused at my reaction.

"I just wish I could remember what I did. It must have been some crazy adventure." I admitted with a smile, he nodded and smiled with me. We stood there in silence for a moment. Out the window I could see the sun slowly dipping into the horizon.