Chapter Twenty-two

Seeing as it was closest and easier I ran onto the grounds the dark would hide me from people, well I thought it would, but my sister is clever.

"Athena?" Ditty sat down beside me.

"Hey," I wiped a tear, I'm her big sister she can't see me cry," what's up?"

"Don't you what's up me and change the subject. Are you all right?"

"What? I'm fine." I gave her a forced smile, it was to dark for her to see it anyways.

"No you're not, you ran out of there as soon as Alex wen't up..." A look of realization appeared on her face, I laughed at her and her sudden realization.

"Oh, Athena, I'm sorry, he's an idiot." I laughed

"Yeah, so lets talk about something nice for a change, I read that you threatened to hit Rita with your beaters bat." I laughed.

"Yep, should've done it too." She and I were now laughing loud enough to wake the centaurs in the forbidden forest.

By the middle of the night we had caught up so much, we hadn't talked much since we got here. Professor Hagrid was walking back to his hut when he noticed us out.

"Oi, what're you both doin out 'ere?"

"Sorry, professor, we just needed a break from things." I pointed towards the castle.

"Ah, I see, come 'ere" He motioned to his house, we followed. "I got something 'ere that should do the trick." When we were in his house he started brewing some tea. "Do ya girls like tea?" He asked. Me and my sister nodded. "Good, then this 'ere should cheer you up." He handed us each a teacup and poured in some tea. "Careful, it's hot." He warned.

I blew on it and took a sip, it was peppermint. I started smiling, that's my favorite tea.

"Thank you professor, did you know this is my favorite?"

"Aye, and it was no trouble." Professor Hagrid was always one of my favorites, he's kind and wonderful with animals, one year my cat was really sick, like I thought she was gone, I was so sad those few weeks, professor Hagrid came up to me asked me what was wrong, I told him about my cat, Olive, and he healed her right up, it was a miracle.

"So, Athena, how're you holden up?"

"Oh, um, I'm good after talking with Ditty." I motioned to my little sister.

"Ah, I see."

"Thank you professor, we must be getting back now." I stood up. As did the professor, he then wrapped me in a big bear hug, litterally he is the size of a bear. Fang also joined in, he was licking my ankles.

Ditty and I left and parted ways, I thought everyone would be asleep, but I was wrong, and oh how I forgot about Aine.

My dormmates were up gossiping as usual, Aine was chatting animatedly about her endevours with Alex and how he was surely gonna get in the tournament.

"Oh, hey Athena." Aine said innocently.

"Shut up." I was done with all of this BS.

"Why so hostile?" Aine asked, she was laying on her bed.

"He's using you, to make me jealous, it's not working by the way."

"Well someone has a big ego." Aine smirked, maybe she did belong in Slytherin.

"Shut up, before I hex that pretty mouth shut, won't be doing much snogging then."

"You wouldn't, because you're to nice, oh how you ever got in Slytherin." She laughed.

I grabbed my wand and her lips sealed shut. "Never underestimate me." I laid down on my bed when Aine jumped on me, I threw her off. "Leave me alone, and I'll fix you in the morning." She left me alone and I slept, I was quite proud of myself but I knew this would backlash on me somehow, I really didn't care at this point.