Chapter One

My dad hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

"I'm going to miss you girls so much."

"I know dad, I'll miss you too." I said.

"Your mom wishes she could be here," he said quietly, "but she had to work." Again, I thought.

"Athena, we should really get going," Artemis nagged. "Otherwise the train will leave without us." If you'd never met Artemis, you'd think she was a total nerd, especially since she's in Ravenclaw, but she's not. She's not a rebel though either. Her main concern with the train is she wants to get a seat next to her friend Jason Blackwell.

"Bye!" i yelled to my dad as i got on the train.

As i got on the train I saw my best friend and fellow Slytherin Alex.

" Hey Alex." i said.

"Oh Athena." he said as he hugged me. "How was your summer?" He asked.

"It was fun" I said. "My mom was working most of the summer as usual." "How was your's?" I asked.

"What do you think." He said.

"Your parents?"

"Ya." He said.

"I'm sorry Alex."

"It's fine; lets go get a seat."

"Ok." I said.

We happen to get seats right behind the riddle twins. McKayla and Nicholas Riddle were chatting in hushed voices.

"Did you hear about the Triwizard Tournament?" McKayla asked her twin.

"Yeah, I did," Nicholas replied.

"So, what's the plan?" She inquired.

"Oh, I was thinking we'd put an insider into it-easier since they're letting two contestants per school in now-and sabotage the Tournament from the inside."

"Awesome. Sucks we're not old enough yet. Too bad they only lowered it to sixteen rather fifteen." The Riddle twins are in my year. One in Ravenclaw; one in Slytherin.

"But who?" Nicholas asked. McKayla grinned wickedly.

"I know," she said smugly. Then she appeared at our compartment door so fast you'd think she apparated there.

"Hello, darling Alex," she said, sounding like she was attempting a friendly demeanor, but it just made her look like a ninny.

"What do you want?" he asked coldly. McKayla rolled her eyes.

"Can't I just have a nice, innocent chat with a fellow classmate?" she asked. Alex snorted.

"If you're innocent, I'm Lord Voldemort." McKayla had a strangely smug look on her face.

"You never know," she said mysteriously. "Anyway, we merely wish to inquire whether or not you're entering the Triwizard Tournament. You're old enough." Alex and I exchanged glances. McKayla continued.

"You know James Potter will be entering. We can't have more glory come to the name Potter." She said Potter with disdain, as if it was poison being shoved down her throat.

Personally I wish I could shove poison down her throat.

"I'll think about it," Alex said with a look on his face I didn't quite feel comfortable with. His eyes were glazed over with a pensive sort of look.

McKayla tossed her red hair off her shoulder and smirked.

"Well, I hope you make the right choice," McKayla stated. Then she flounced away. Probably back to confide in her brother how well she put Alex under her spell. Figuratively speaking, of course.

"You are't actually thinking of entering." i said as i closed the compartment door.

"I don't know... maybe." He said nervously.

"You can't be serious?!" I exclaimed.

"I don't know ok!" He yelled so loud Artemis could probably hear him from the other end of the train.

"Well I hope you make the right choice." I mimicked McKayla as i stormed out of the cabin.