Chapter Seven

Today I decided to paint a dragon. Ever since I was little I've been fascinated with dragons. They're just so cool and free and perfect. I painted my dragon flying around Hogwarts castle. I was in the zone until I noticed Alex walking towards me, what is he doing here.

"Skipping class; totally not like you." He stated.

"I'll have you know class ended early for me." I told him.

"So the only crime you're committing is vandalism?"

"No it's art, you nut."

He chuckled. "Another dragon? I've known you for how long and I still don't understand your fascination with those creatures."

"Well they're free to be themselves and they can fly and they're just cool in general."

"I think they're freaky." He stated. He watched a muggle movie when he was younger and there was this dragon that killed every one so now he can't stand the beautiful creatures.

"Well I think they're beautiful." I argued.

"Why don't you draw something else for once like a hippogriff or the ocean or Diagon alley?" He asked me.

"I don't know. I just need to be inspired for a certain mural." I told him.

"Well, next time you plan on painting another mural, tell me and you can paint me."

"No, because then they can trace it to me if I forget to take it down...again. How about I just sketch you sometime?" I compromised.

"Fine." He said grumpily.

"Oh crap! I'm gonna be late to class." I stated. "See you in the common room. Hey take that down for me please."

"Sure." He agreed.

Maybe our rough start to the year was just that... a start.

The rest of my classes went well. Considering it's the first day of the semester I didn't get to much homework (thank goodness). I couldn't find Alex the rest of the day.

What could he possibly be doing. I wondered. Walking to the common room all I heard was Triwizard this and Yule ball that. I approached the common room door and whispered the password. "Zodiac." I headed to my dorm to change.

After I changed I went downstairs to work on the little bit of homework I had and look for Alex.

He was literally no where to be found so I sat down and began my homework. I finished my Transfiguration essay only to be interrupted by Nicholas Riddle. Great just great.

"Hey, Athena. Have you seen Alex around?" He asked me. Him and Alex share a dorm. Poor Alex. Nicolas of all people should know where Alex is. What is that boy up to?

"No." I tried to keep the conversation to a minimum.

"Really, because I thought you two were inseparable." He said smirking. I didn't reply. "Not very chatty today are we?" He asked.

"I'm trying to do homework, Nicholas so I really don't have time to chat." I stated.

"That's to bad. We'll have to continue this chat later." He said walking away.

"Ya...not." I said under my breath. I really hate Nicholas and his sister McKayla. Some people think they're related to Voldemort because of they're last name maybe grandchildren or great-grandchildren its possible they are evil enough. I finished my homework sometime around eight-thirty and headed to sleep.